Suggest 4K UHD PC Monitors for Watching 4K Movies

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
BlueMac77

Suggest 4K UHD PC Monitors for Watching 4K Movies

Post by BlueMac77 »

I would like to hear recommendations and opinions for PC 4k UHD monitors to watch 4K UHD movies. I’ve first used the Search function for this topic but no results shown. I’m more interested in PC Monitors and not HD TVs.

• What brand, screen size of 4k Monitor are you using and is the picture quality between 4k UHD movies and standard 1080p Blu-Rays very noticeable and of huge difference?
• Is your 4k monitor connected to your computer via HDMI 2.0 or Display Port?
• Anyone still using SDR Monitor to watch 4K movies and does the picture quality suffer or downgraded to 2K?

Please feel free to provide other suggestions. Thanks
Last edited by BlueMac77 on Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Billycar11

Re: Best 4K UHD PC Monitors for Watching 4K Movies

Post by Billycar11 »

BlueMac77 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:36 pm
I would like to hear recommendations and opinions for PC 4k UHD monitors to watch 4K UHD movies. I’ve first used the Search function for this topic but no results shown. I’m more interested in PC Monitors and not HD TVs.

• What brand, screen size of 4k Monitor are you using and is the picture quality between 4k UHD movies and standard 1080p Blu-Rays very noticeable and of huge difference?
• Is your 4k monitor connected to your computer via HDMI 2.0 or Display Port?
• Anyone still using SDR Monitor to watch 4K movies and does the picture quality suffer or downgraded to 2K?

Please feel free to provide other suggestions. Thanks
i dont have a recommendation but i have a few very important tips i have a sony 830c 4k tv i use as a monitor i use hdmi 2.0 with a 1070 Ti. The UHD Blu-rays do look better its noticeable but its not like i cant go back to regular blu rays
but your new screen for watching UHD Blu-rays needs to be hdr because if not most players will just show a washed out picture there are some good plugins like madvr to tone map good but it will still never look 100% right i know because my tv is not hdr :( look at how all the programs look different top left vlc, top right movies and tv windows 10, bottom left is dvdfab media player 5 , mad vr is bottom right
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
BlueMac77

Re: Best 4K UHD PC Monitors for Watching 4K Movies

Post by BlueMac77 »

Billycar11 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:05 am

i dont have a recommendation but i have a few very important tips i have a sony 830c 4k tv i use as a monitor i use hdmi 2.0 with a 1070 Ti. The UHD Blu-rays do look better its noticeable but its not like i cant go back to regular blu rays
but your new screen for watching UHD Blu-rays needs to be hdr because if not most players will just show a washed out picture there are some good plugins like madvr to tone map good but it will still never look 100% right i know because my tv is not hdr :( look at how all the programs look different top left vlc, top right movies and tv windows 10, bottom left is dvdfab media player 5 , mad vr is bottom right
Hello @billycar11 Thanks for the inputs and appreciate the screenshots you’ve provided. No problem if you don’t have recommendations. I wanted to get feedbacks from members on their experiences on the monitors they’re using so this can help me shop for 4K monitors. And yep, there’s a topic in this forum saying to avoid VLC player that makes the colours washed out. One thing I like about VLC though is its built in equaliser blends well my Marantz home theater receiver connected to my computer. Brings nice audio details and thunderous explosions. Thanks :)