4k playback garbled

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
PredatorVI

4k playback garbled

Post by PredatorVI »

I'm using Plex a my media server with NVidia SHIELD (gen 2) devices playing on my 4k Samsung TVs.

I have an issue with a few of my 4k rips. I've posted in the Plex forums but no one has responded.

The movies I have issues with include: Avengers - End Game and Ralph Breaks the Internet.

When I play 4k with no subtitles, the picture is unwatchable:
Garbled.png
Garbled.png (311.79 KiB) Viewed 4287 times
However, if I enable subtitles, it plays just fine. Most of my other 4k movies play just fine and I'm baffled and looking for any suggestions on what to look for or change.

I've reripped with the latest MakeMKV v1.14.5, tried different drives, in fact I purchased a new LG UHD drive to try to fix this with no change. I've also upgrade Plex components.

Thanks!
st4evr

Re: 4k playback garbled

Post by st4evr »

First and foremost, this is the MakeMKV Support forum, not the "Everything Support Forum", you do have to keep that in mind. People here can only advise/speak for Plex, Samsung, Nvidia, and your specific setup (TV, wires, PC, AVR, etc) so far.

With that said, what happens when you play those exact same files on other players? E.g. VLC, JRiver, MPC-BE + MadVR? Any chance in behavior at all?