VLC and PGS not flawless?

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
alehel

VLC and PGS not flawless?

Post by alehel »

I've been trying to view some movies with PGS subtitles in VLC and all the films have problems with the subtitles. Basicly, the subtitles don't go away when people stop talking. Instead they stay on screen untill they get replaced by the next sentance. The problem is that even if there is no dialog for 10 min in the film, which does happen, the last sentance remains on screen untill the next dialog. This also applies for when I watch movies I copy to disc without converting to mkv first, so I've been presuming that VLC doesn't handle them properly yet. When I was searching the nett though I couldn't find any mention of this problem. I'm using the newest stable release of VLC. Anyone have any info on this? Is this a known problem?

Incidently, if I convert the subtitles to vobsub and mux them into the mkv files, they work as they are supposed to.
skittle

Re: VLC and PGS not flawless?

Post by skittle »

Who said its flawless? PGS support is still new, and I think this is a known issue... at least I have heard one other person in the forum here mention it.
alehel

Post by alehel »

I just had trouble finding any similar posts when searching google, so I presumed pgs support was considered stable and that it might have been a problem my end :P.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@alehel

Hi!

Please read my post at:

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... 1280#p6073

alehel

Post by alehel »

setarip_old wrote:@alehel

Hi!