Video player(s) overscan on older LCD Sony using HDMI.

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
LG-BDNU40

Video player(s) overscan on older LCD Sony using HDMI.

Post by LG-BDNU40 »

I pulled my hurting laptop from HTPC duty, then, replaced same with old caseless gaming motherboard with 970gtx for 4k video down the road.

The old GT 650m based laptop handled all 1080p video, HD Audio, MKV BD library with zero problems with nvidia drivers of that period.

Enter the GTX 970 with newer drivers (tried several) that overscans ANY video player when set to full screen on older Sony TV.

Win 10 desktop, all programs are fine. If I substitute newer LCD TV, no problem and no issues on past computer monitors.

GT 650m good, GTX 970 bad. What am I missing other than gtx 970 no longer compatible with older sets?
Billycar11

Re: Video player(s) overscan on older LCD Sony using HDMI.

Post by Billycar11 »

In the Nvidia control panel put the video mode to desktop programs on it wont put the tv in video mode then and overscan
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
LG-BDNU40

Re: Video player(s) overscan on older LCD Sony using HDMI.

Post by LG-BDNU40 »

Thanks Billycar11

I found the resize screen controls to shrink screen resulting in a 1/4" band all around. This fixed the w10 built in video players. However PowerDVD had random micro stutter and my favorite player, mpc-hc, still busted. Again, when newer 4k LCD connected, zero problems.

I placed old Clevo laptop back in service, all fixed again, will replace old Sony at a later time. I still like the PQ on that fluorescent tube back lit, heat generating, Sony 55".

I also tried substituting a 400 series card, with drivers, and had same problem as 970. Scratching my head to know why old Sony blows up video players, with different cards, but not the GT650m.