MakeMKV to NMT

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
PaulB

MakeMKV to NMT

Post by PaulB »

Does anyone one have a Network Media Tank or Popcorn Hour device? How are you using MakeMKV to create a readable file for the NMT device? I've currently just used defaults and ended up with a whole bunch of MKV files, can I assume that the larget MKV is the main movie and delete all others?

MT

Paul
setarip_old

Re: MakeMKV to NMT

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

With very rare exception, your supposition of largest title = movie should be correct.

Rather than converting ALL of the titles and then retaining only the largest created .MKV, at the outset, simply UNcheck all other titles, leaving the title for the main movie as the only one remaining with a check mark...

PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Thanks for the confirmation. I have just looked at the Blu-ray that I have and it has two files of about the same size of 15GB, why would their be two and is their anyway to confir which is the main movie?

MT

Paul
skittle

Post by skittle »

I have a NMT!

The main movie is made from a playlist which may contain alternate scenes. MakeMKV puts alternate scenes in a separate mkv file.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@PaulB

In addition to the observation made by "skittle", the disc may contain "seamless branching" to ADDITIONAL scenes, or, it may contain a video and audio "Director's commentary" version of the movie (with or without "PopUps").

I've found the simplest and surest way to determine the "regular" ("theatrical") version to be comparing the running time per the disc jacket or disc to the indicated running time for the highlighted selection in the MakeMKV window (You may have to scroll a little to the right in order to see that information)...