Media player classic + MKV - some work, some don?t

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
47kOhm

Media player classic + MKV - some work, some don?t

Post by 47kOhm »

:?: Hello,

I have a problem with some of my recently ripped blu rays. I have ripped them with anydvdHD to my HDD as an iso file, loading them in virtual clone drive and playing with mpc works fine. Now, making a mkv out of these iso and trying to play them on mpc - no way! :shock:

When opening the file, mpc window converts to a small horizontal "line", plays the sound but doesn?t show any picture and the status bar at the bottom shows a movie runlenght of 119 hours (!).
I wondered if it could be an issue with codeces, but on the very same machine the iso works properly, so there should be the right codeces present. AND - vlc player shows everything fine, besides that its stucky and over all the quality is not comparable to mpc.
This happens just to 2 out of a bunch of movies, all others (mixed, VC1 and AVC) ripped and converted to mkv in the very same way on the very same machine, play without any problems.

Any ideas? What could be wrong?
skittle

Re: Media player classic + MKV - some work, some don?t

Post by skittle »

Use MakeMKV on the Original bluray disc without anydvd and see if the problem persists.
setarip_old

Re: Media player classic + MKV - some work, some don?t

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

Try re-ripping your original, commercial Blu-ray discs DIRECTLY to .MKV using ONLY makeMKV (No need for AnyDVDHD or similar)...