Interlaced H264

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
KYThrill

Interlaced H264

Post by KYThrill »

I have encountered a problem recently and I'm left scratching my head.

On the All Star Superman Blu-ray, there are two cartoon episodes that I would like to extract. They are encoded with H264 at 480i60/1.001.

I used eac3to to extract the streams, and encoded to MKV using MKV Merge, but the resulting video periodically (every 4-5 seconds) gets choppy and blocky (audio plays back flawlessly though).

I also tried using eac3to to put the video directly into MKV, but it returned a Haali error.

Is there a known limitation with eac3to (3.24) or MKV Merge (4.8.0) that would prevent interlaced H264 from processing properly?
KYThrill

Re: Interlaced H264

Post by KYThrill »

FYI for future reference.

I have extracted the streams using both tsmuxer and eac3to. I remuxed them using MKV Merge and both have identical video corruption (audio is fine on both). This leads me to believe the limitation is likely with MKV Merge.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

Your posts refer only to "eac3to", "tsMuxer", and "MKVMerge". Why are you posting in a "MakeMKV" forum?

KYThrill

Post by KYThrill »

setarip_old wrote:Hi!

Your posts refer only to "eac3to", "tsMuxer", and "MKVMerge". Why are you posting in a "MakeMKV" forum?

Why do you feel like you always need to be the forum police? At least if you are going to do it, do it right.

If you notice right under the subforum title "MKV File Processing and Playback" it says:

"MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc." Does MakeMKV playback MKV's? No. Does MakeMKV recompress? No. Does MakeMKV require code packs? No.

Are eac3to and tsMuxer and MKVMerge not all associated with demuxing/remuxing? Yes.

There are a handful of forums dedicated to discussion of MakeMKV and outputs generated by MakeMKV.

The MKV File Processing and Playback forum is the place to discuss the MKV format in general, as well as any and all tools associated with MKV. MakeMKV does not have to be part of the discussion. And since people who use MakeMKV are at least somewhat knowledgeable on the MKV format, it would stand to reason that there might be at least a couple of people who are knowledgeable on the other MKV tools that are available. It isn't like I logged into CNN forums to ask a question about the MKV format.

Also note that the second sticky in this subforum has absolutely nothing to do with MakeMKV at all, and it was made a sticky by the moderators.

So I think you're out of your jurisdiction here sheriff...