Nexus 10 playback

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
kafitze

Nexus 10 playback

Post by kafitze »

I am new to the forums and converted a bluray last night using Makemkv and then converted it using DVD Catalyst 4 for the Nexus 10. The quality of the converted video seems to be fine, however the file being played on my laptop or the Nexus 10 seems to be dropping frames and slowing badly during fast moving scenes. Again I am new to this, are there any settings anyone can reccommend? I used to quicktime to play it on the laptop and BS Player/MX Pro Player on the nexus 10. Thanks for any help.

Kris
fryk.

Re: Nexus 10 playback

Post by fryk. »

I play the original MPEG2 MKV's from MakeMKV remuxed from DVD's without converting them on my Nexus 7 (VLC, CX Player). I have no jerking or frame dropping until now.
ryanjk333

Post by ryanjk333 »

My guess would be that mkv's made from DVDs will play OK but mkv's from blurays will be problematic because of the memory and processor required to play back that kind of HD video. Video compressed with H.264 will take a lot better hardware to play than Mpeg2.
MakeMKV registered!
LG External 12x Super Multi Blue Lightscribe Blu-Ray Rewriter BE12LU30
Popcorn Hour C-200
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

H.264 should be easier to get to play than VC-1, however (hardware decoding, which nowadays is usually capable of 1080p@Level4.1).