Suggested Setup?

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
vultureman

Suggested Setup?

Post by vultureman »

Is there a suggested device that seems to play MKVs from MakeMKV all of the time? There are tons of streaming devices out there nowadays.

I only have experience setting up an OPPO BDP-93 using TVersity as the streaming server, and that worked all of the time, but I'd like to find a small wired ethernet device that can handle MKVs properly AND play back content from Amazon.
Last edited by vultureman on Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chetwood

Re: Suggested Setup?

Post by Chetwood »

WDTV, but you need to turn on forced subs manually.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
vultureman

Post by vultureman »

I forgot to mention one important thing (I'll edit it into the initial post): I'd also hope that the device can stream content from Amazon.
tstorzuk

Post by tstorzuk »

I run all my files to my TV through a HTPC. You get everything you want using one. I also run XBMC on my HTPC so that I have a nice interface for my media files. But it's not necessary.

If you are interested in building a HTPC for yourself, check out the XBMC hardware forum. It's a great place to start.

I personally have 2 HTPC's built to this spec. It's the fastest one spec'd out on their site. I've also added the max RAM and an INTEL SSD into my builds though, which makes them even more expensive.

Hope that helps out.