newbie question about files - chapters and smaller files

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
dbaps

newbie question about files - chapters and smaller files

Post by dbaps »

I understand what the tutorial says about processing the largest file, etc.

What do I do with all of these chapter files? There must be 75-100 files marked with a chapter? Then there are another 20-30 files that are in the hundreds of megabytes. I've looked at these files...Maybe there is a tutorial on this that someone can point me to please?

I downloaded BDInfo to get the layout of everything. Do I somehow merge these smaller files, including the chapter jpg's, back into the larger
one?

I used BD Rebuilder for a Blu-Ray and created an .iso as input tot Makemkv. I had already used Anydvd HD for a backup and input to BD Rebuilder.

Thanks... :?
ndjamena

Re: newbie question about files - chapters and smaller files

Post by ndjamena »

What the hell are you on about? Did you rip a DVD or a Blu Ray, or are you talking about something else entirely...

If you loaded a disc into MakeMKV and it's giving you about 100 titles, then you're just going to have to figure out which one has the correct movie in it, they do that to screw us and only one is right.
dbaps

Post by dbaps »

Wow...so much for post number one. Thanks, that was really great...

It's a Blu-ray. I know which one has the correct movie. All I was asking was if there is any purpose to all of those extra files. Do I merge them back into the movie somehow? Do I just throw them away. If I am supposed to merge them back, how do I do it.

I'm counting 103 small files that have the literal "chapter x" next to them and another 26 small files after those.
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

They're most likely special features or trailers, but they could be anything. If you have the full movie already and you don't need anything else then just ignore them and they'll go away.