Walking with the Dinosaurs - 3D/2D.. 2D codec problem

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
PonyoBellanote

Walking with the Dinosaurs - 3D/2D.. 2D codec problem

Post by PonyoBellanote »

Hello, I'm trying to rip this disc that has a 2D and 3D version, and the theatrical and cretaceous cut are like doubled (Probably because UK and US versions of the movie) when I rip, it goes normal but then it uses the profile StereoHigh and my blu-ray player can't play that correctly (slows down), how do I get to rip it the normal way? in just L4.1 instead of StereoHIgh?

Also why the movie is not in complete form in a .m2ts?
PonyoBellanote

Re: Walking with the Dinosaurs - 3D/2D.. 2D codec problem

Post by PonyoBellanote »

By the way, now I'm having a fatal error while ripping and I don't know why..?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

"There is something wrong with my car. Can you fix it?"

Logs showing what is happening are far more conducive to getting results than vague questions. For example, what version of MakeMKV are you using (that's part of the log)? Are you converting to MKV files, or doing a backup of a Bluray disk (also mentioned in the log)?

Link in my signature explains how to turn debug logging on.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
PonyoBellanote

Post by PonyoBellanote »

I'm sorry I didn't explain myself better the first time. My problem is, I am ripping my blu-ray disc of Walking with Dinosaurs, that comes with both 2D and 3D. When I go to the 'STREAM' folder that includes the .m2ts, it has the SSIF file (which I've been told it's files for the 3D). Strangely the m2ts of the movies.. there's not one complete .m2ts of the full movie, the movie is cut. I don't know why.

Yet my problem is in the ripping with MAKEMKV, which the first time ripped the movie alright, but it used a HighLevel4.1 profile, but with StereoHigh, and I don't like that, because my blu-ray has problems reading that stored in a mkv, plays it, but has slowly. Problems. How can I change it to code the 2D rip in normal 4.1 without that StereoHigh thingie?

I am ripping from the blu-ray to a MKV. And I'm using the latest MakeMKV. I also mention this didn't happen before updating.

Now it's giving me a problem ripping. I copy the code: (my MakeMKV is in spanish so I translated it with Google)

Code: Select all

Error 'Error S.O. - It has come to the end of file marker. No valid file beyond this marker 'reading' /BDMV/STREAM/01478.m2ts' position '2755854336 data'
DEBUG: Code 0 at eX ^ - / AQ} LTI + 'xas: 213 133 273?
DEBUG: Code 0 at eX ^ - / AQ} LTI + 'xas: 29395264?
Failed to save the title 81 in the file E: /download/Walking_with_Dinosaurs_t81.mkv
0 titles saved 1 failed
Can you help me?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Since MakeMKV does not re-code the video, if the MKV file contains "HighLevel4.1 profile" video, it's because the Bluray itself contained it. If your player cannot handle that, it really doesn't meet the Bluray standards.

What you need to do is select your tracks, or re-order them in the MKV file to match the capabilities of your player. After you Open the disk (rather than using Backup), you will have a menu on the left containing the titles. Next to each title is a triangle... RIGHT click on that triangle, and it will expand each title to show the audio, video, and subtitle tracks within it.

If you leave MVC unselected, you won't have 3D getting in the way. You can remove any audio tracks your player cannot handle, and MakeMKV will not put them in the MKV file.

But I'm puzzled by this error, which Mike will have to explain:
Error 'Error S.O. - It has come to the end of file marker. No valid file beyond this marker 'reading' /BDMV/STREAM/01478.m2ts' position '2755854336 data'
I would assume this is an error in the navigation of the file, where there are instructions that say there are more parts to the file than the file actually contains.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging