How Do I Add Subtitles to a mkv and then Burn to BD?

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
jreffner

How Do I Add Subtitles to a mkv and then Burn to BD?

Post by jreffner »

Ok, I can create an mkv file or a back up file of a BD easily with MakeMKV. I can then play it back in VLC and add a subtitle (.srt) that I downloaded with ease.

So, how do I add that subtitle file to the MKV file or back up folder and then burn it all back to a BD disc? I'd like the subs to be soft, but I will "burn" them if I have to. Any suggestions on what to use and how to do it would be really appreciated! I'm on a Mac.

Jim
Woodstock

Re: How Do I Add Subtitles to a mkv and then Burn to BD?

Post by Woodstock »

Search for "bluray authoring software" on your favorite search engine - you need it for what you're looking to do.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
jreffner

Re: How Do I Add Subtitles to a mkv and then Burn to BD?

Post by jreffner »

Thank you, but I was kinda hoping you could perhaps make a suggestion on what software to use. I have Toast, but it doesn't allow subtitles to be added even though it encodes and burns BD.

I also have :

iSubtitle
Submerge
Subtitle Studio
Video Ambush
Road Movie
Subtitles theEditor
and Jubler, but none seem to do what I need.

I have tsMuxer and that looks like it can add subs and produce an AVCHD folder, but I get the following error message:

Can't find ttf file for font A

If I change the font, I just get the same message with a different letter than the "A". I've found other posts of the same issue, but no fixes. Any thoughts? Anyone...???