Stargate SG-1 Season 4 Volume 5 Episode 22 Chapter 5 Missing

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
kcardno

Stargate SG-1 Season 4 Volume 5 Episode 22 Chapter 5 Missing

Post by kcardno »

So the title basically nails it. I'm using MakeMKV 1.9.9 and when when it reads the disc, title's 1-3 come up fine but title 4 (episode 22) only has 4 chapters. When I launch it in VLC though I can see that Title 4 has 5 chapters and is 44 minutes long while MakeMKV shows it as having 4 chapters and being 35 minutes long. I'm at a complete loss and would really appreciate any assistance or guidance anyone can provide.
Woodstock

Re: Stargate SG-1 Season 4 Volume 5 Episode 22 Chapter 5 Mis

Post by Woodstock »

There is something weird in this disk; there was a report of an issue with it in 2011, and apparently Mike resolved it after getting log files from both me and another user.

First, make sure you have debug logging turned on. Then, do a rip of just title #3 (episode 22) with v1.9.9. Email the log to support@makemkv.com so that Mike can see what, if anything, has changed from the earlier reports. Include in your message a reference to this topic, and that I can send him the log from 1.6.6 again, if he needs it for comparison.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
kcardno

Post by kcardno »

Thanks! In progress now.
kcardno

Post by kcardno »

Side note, as you obviously have some experience with SG-1 ripping, do you know what the deal is with there being no captions/subs included in the MKV?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

I read elsewhere that there aren't any subtitles on the original disk, just closed captioning. But I thought the latest versions of MakeMKV could capture the CC... I just can't find evidence of that, though.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Krawk

Post by Krawk »

As someone that ripped these discs very recently, I seem to recall there being some sort of repeatable error during the rip process, but it appeared to workaround it. Can I say for certain it was this specific disc or episode, no. But it's odd it was only one disc in particular. When I finished coding with h264 I did not see missing chapters. It was long enough ago that I might have had 1.9.7 at the time.