Kung Fu tv series problems.

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
king_pin

Kung Fu tv series problems.

Post by king_pin »

Anybody have this set?
It's from Warner Bros.
I've gone through 2 sets now and I give up trying to rip it.
Each disk is double sided with 3 episodes per side and there is always an issue somewhere along the way where one or two files are filled with errors.

I'm starting to think that it's a security problem as I've tried handbrake and MakeMKV(which I use 99% of the time) and both of them give me errors.

I use 3 different pieces of hardware(Internal - WH14NS40, WH16NS40, external - ASUS BW-12D1S).
Same issues with each unit.
I buy roughly 100 movies a month and I rip them to my NAS 1:1 with .mkv.
So I run the 3 players at the same time to save time.
Read error (DVD media)
On DVD media read error may be caused by several reasons. It can happen due to hardware failure - scratched disc, failing drive, or both. But it can also happen due to structure protection present on disc. Please verify that the disc is without apparent damage and your drive is working.
Attachments
th.jpg
th.jpg (40.59 KiB) Viewed 9013 times
rivey

Re: Kung Fu tv series problems.

Post by rivey »

I assume that you have cleaned the discs before ripping? I use a 50/50 solution of water and rubbing alcohol with a microfiber cloth. This has solved many ripping problems. Not all but everytime I rip a disc, new or old, I clean them first. Good Luck.
king_pin

Post by king_pin »

rivey wrote:I assume that you have cleaned the discs before ripping? I use a 50/50 solution of water and rubbing alcohol with a microfiber cloth. This has solved many ripping problems. Not all but everytime I rip a disc, new or old, I clean them first. Good Luck.
No I have not. I can't see any physical damage to the disks.
I will try cleaning them as you have mentioned.

Are the bluray laser cleaners are good idea also?
rivey

Post by rivey »

king_pin wrote:
rivey wrote:I assume that you have cleaned the discs before ripping? I use a 50/50 solution of water and rubbing alcohol with a microfiber cloth. This has solved many ripping problems. Not all but everytime I rip a disc, new or old, I clean them first. Good Luck.
No I have not. I can't see any physical damage to the disks.
I will try cleaning them as you have mentioned.

Are the bluray laser cleaners are good idea also?
I don't think that they could hurt but first try canned air.
You would be surprised how dirty a disc can be and still look perfectly clean.
Good Luck
KCJones217

Post by KCJones217 »

I have cleaned as well as checked out copy of this season from library to verify my discs. Same error is present on several discs. This looks to be security. first disc only rips half of one of the episodes. Please recommend possible workarounds.