First Time No Sound

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
ssmmbb

First Time No Sound

Post by ssmmbb »

I was working with Rick and Morty S3 and just could not get sound. Rip was fine just no sound, at first I was thinking encryption. Everything I tried even with other software had the same results. I did receive a SCSI Error and rebooted and that went away. I did notice that during the scan of the disk, it kept repeating audio source 2 & 3 skipped due to being empty then started with 1, 2, 3, and 4 being skipped due to being empty. After re-scanning the disk, I expanded my selection so I could see all audio tracks. Once selecting 5.1 track and then ripping I now have sound. Something about the these disks required me to manually select the proper audio track. Hope this will help someone who runs into the same thing.
fun2163

Re: First Time No Sound

Post by fun2163 »

Thanks VERY much ssmmbb... I was SHOCKED to see my EXACT issue (same disc too!)

For others, to clarify a bit more:
- ONLY select the 5.1 audio track (de-select the other audio tracks.)
Anung Un Rama

Post by Anung Un Rama »

I am having the same issue. I ripped both Season 4 discs with no errors. I put in Season 3 disc 2 and it keeps saying

"The source file 'DVD+R-DL ATAPI DVD A DH16ABSH YA12' is corrupt or invalid at offset 8192, attempting to work around" over and over again. 2 Hrs later the videos are ripped but they have no audio. I'm trying your solution right now. I hope it works.

Update:

It works. Thank you!
Last edited by Anung Un Rama on Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Anung Un Rama wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:49 pm
The source file 'DVD+R-DL ATAPI DVD A DH16ABSH YA12' is corrupt or invalid at offset 8192, attempting to work around
If you're experiencing rip errors, please read here first!
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Anung Un Rama

Post by Anung Un Rama »

I saw that post before you linked it to me. But yeah didn't help.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

The error is telling you that the drive is having problems reading the disk. If cleaning it doesn't help, replacing it is the way to go. Your drive should be one of the more forgiving as far as DVD readability.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Anung Un Rama

Post by Anung Un Rama »

I cleaned the disc and then I unticked all the audio tracks except for the " 5.1 audio track" one. It worked.
I did the same for my Season 1-2 discs as well and it worked for those too.
Anung Un Rama

Post by Anung Un Rama »

There's nothing wrong with my disc drive. I have a secondary USB external optical drive and it was doing the exact same thing on both of them. I followed OP's instructions and I was able to rip Seasons 1-4. Thank you OP.