Angela's Ashes DVD

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
wasim274

Angela's Ashes DVD

Post by wasim274 »

Several attempts produce failure. Disk drive is ATAPI iHIS104. (LITE-ON BluRay reader) Regional code has not been changed and is set at 2. Disk is also region 2.
Attachments
MakeMKV_log_ATAPI iHOS104.txt
(1.82 KiB) Downloaded 577 times
setarip_old

Re: Angela's Ashes DVD

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

Despite your comments, the following appears to foretell/indicate problematic ripping with this drive:
Drive BD-ROM ATAPI iHOS104 WL0D has RPC protection that can not be bypassed. Change drive region or update drive firmware from http://tdb.rpc1.org. Errors likely to follow.

wasim274

Post by wasim274 »

Yes I had noticed that in the log and that is why I included my comment on it. Curious isn't it? Funny thing is..DVDFab will decrypt it using the same drive but when I try to make MKV from the decrypted file, the same error occurs. Moreover if I use a different drive the same error occurs..so it doesn't seem to be an issue with the drive. Something clever on the disk?
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

It's not an RPC error. Please find which audio track causes the problem - disable them one by one.
wasim274

Post by wasim274 »

Many thanks for your advice. I tried excluding each audio track. Only when I excluded all audio would it copy. Of course movie useless without audio. Workaround...decrypted using DVDFab, reconstructed DVD using TMPGenc editor then used MakeMKV to get successful result! Bit long winded but it worked perfectly.