Alias Season 2 Disc - DVD Isn't Acknowledge At All

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
mike_mgoblue

Alias Season 2 Disc - DVD Isn't Acknowledge At All

Post by mike_mgoblue »

I own all of the DVD boxed sets of Alias. Every DVD converts to MKV fine - except for one DVD in Season 2.

This particular DVD in Season 2 is not even acknowledged at all by the DVD Player connected to the PC, so MakeMKV is not a factor.

I have used multiple DVD players in order to see if perhaps the DVD Player connected to the PC was the problem. But, this did not help. I actually used:

* The original DVD Player built into the Laptop

* An External Blu-ray/DVD Player connected via USB

* An External HD-DVD/DVD Player connected via USB

* The original DVD+RW Player built into a different Laptop

* The DVD Player built into a desktop PC.

None of those DVD drives worked. None of them acknowledged the DVD in any way.

I used the technique of "changing the Region" of the Player several times. But, this also did not work. The DVD was never acknowledged.

The interesting thing is that when I got and put this DVD into a Pioneer DVD Player that are connected to my A/V Receiver via Component Video cables, the DVD plays fine. The DVD also plays fine with an Xbox 360 and an Xbox One that are both connected to the A/V Receiver via HDMI cable.

I have read online that many other people have experienced this problem with this particular disc in the Alias Season 2 DVD Boxed Set.

Does anyone have any suggestion or thought about how this could be fixed? I would like to rip this DVD so then I have the entire Boxed Set backed up and ready to easily watch digitally.
kmackenz

Re: Alias Season 2 Disc - DVD Isn't Acknowledge At All

Post by kmackenz »

Curious if you had any luck with this. I am having the same issue with disk one of season 2.
mike_mgoblue

Post by mike_mgoblue »

kmackenz wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:40 pm
Curious if you had any luck with this. I am having the same issue with disk one of season 2.
Unfortunately, I was not able to achieve anything good.

I contacted Disney and I was told that they did not have any of the Alias Season 2 discs in stock. This meant they could not replace the DVD that is bad.

Disney actually told me that if I had the receipt, they would refund my money. Unfortunately, I purchased that boxed set a long time ago. I paid for it in cash, and do not have the receipt. So, I was not able to get any sort of refund.

So, I am now stuck with no way to watch the episodes on that disc.
kmackenz

Post by kmackenz »

I ended up finding it at a local library. Figured since I owned it making the digital image from the library one was OK. That worked fine.