Does anyone know how I can contact the DVD Maker of Alias Season 2?

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
mike_mgoblue

Post by mike_mgoblue »

I would like to have them send me a new copy of the one DVD that has never worked. It isn't even identified or acknowledged by the DVD player.
Woodstock

Re: Does anyone know how I can contact the DVD Maker of Alias Season 2?

Post by Woodstock »

Through a quick search on Amazon, the disks were produced for "ABC STUDIOS". That would be part of Disney now.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
mike_mgoblue

Post by mike_mgoblue »

Woodstock wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:12 pm
Through a quick search on Amazon, the disks were produced for "ABC STUDIOS". That would be part of Disney now.
Yes, you are correct. The DVD itself actually gives a phone number, but a recording comes on and says "This phone number is no longer active." There is also a website of "video.com/support" that takes you to a Disney website. But, I really don't see a spot for support on the Disney website that is so huge.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Normally you'd return the set to the place of purchase, rather than contacting the studio direct.

Searching on Google for "Disney replacement disk support" came up with an immediate hit about Disney's replacement disk service, posted about a year ago, with links that are no longer valid. But, based on those links, https://www.disneystudioshelp.com/ seems to be a place where you can ask about replacements.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
mike_mgoblue

Post by mike_mgoblue »

Woodstock wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:34 pm
Normally you'd return the set to the place of purchase, rather than contacting the studio direct.

Searching on Google for "Disney replacement disk support" came up with an immediate hit about Disney's replacement disk service, posted about a year ago, with links that are no longer valid. But, based on those links, https://www.disneystudioshelp.com/ seems to be a place where you can ask about replacements.
Unfortunately, I was not able to achieve anything good.

I contacted Disney and I was told that they did not have any of the Alias Season 2 discs in stock. This meant they could not replace the DVD that is bad.

Disney actually told me that if I had the receipt, they would refund my money. Unfortunately, I purchased that boxed set a long time ago. I paid for it in cash, and do not have the receipt. So, I was not able to get any sort of refund.

So, I am now stuck with no way to watch the episodes on that disc.
hart2hart

Post by hart2hart »

mike_mgoblue wrote:
Woodstock wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:34 pm

Unfortunately, I was not able to achieve anything good.

I contacted Disney and I was told that they did not have any of the Alias Season 2 discs in stock. This meant they could not replace the DVD that is bad.

Disney actually told me that if I had the receipt, they would refund my money. Unfortunately, I purchased that boxed set a long time ago. I paid for it in cash, and do not have the receipt. So, I was not able to get any sort of refund.

So, I am now stuck with no way to watch the episodes on that disc.
You can pick it up for $4.99 on eBay with shipping.
mike_mgoblue

Post by mike_mgoblue »

You can pick it up for $4.99 on eBay with shipping.
[/quote]

Thank you for suggesting that idea. I actually noticed that, too. However, I would not consider making this purchase on eBay or anywhere else for one reason. That reason is because I am not the only person to experience this problem with Alias Season 2 Disc 1. This was a very large problem that influenced a very large number of people. That particular disc was mass produced with problems and there should have been a recall. This problem was never acknowledged by the manufacturer. If you look online, there are many people out there reporting the exact same problem I did with Alias Season 2 Disc 1. I would be willing to bet the person selling that DVD is selling it because they are having the exact same problem I am.

I appreciate your suggestion, though.
hart2hart

Post by hart2hart »

mike_mgoblue wrote: Thank you for suggesting that idea. I actually noticed that, too. However, I would not consider making this purchase on eBay or anywhere else for one reason. That reason is because I am not the only person to experience this problem with Alias Season 2 Disc 1. This was a very large problem that influenced a very large number of people. That particular disc was mass produced with problems and there should have been a recall. This problem was never acknowledged by the manufacturer. If you look online, there are many people out there reporting the exact same problem I did with Alias Season 2 Disc 1. I would be willing to bet the person selling that DVD is selling it because they are having the exact same problem I am.

I appreciate your suggestion, though.
FWIW since you mentioned boxed set...

I had the same issue with a complete series TV disc that was one of the manufactured on demand types.

I bought the single season and it did not have the same problem since the discs were produced using standard manufacturing/pressing process.