complex multiplex encountered

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
Insidious

complex multiplex encountered

Post by Insidious »

Hi guys, first post. I bought the Coach dvd series (yes, I'm old) and am ripping them to my drive. The first couple disks were fine but then I started getting the following error on every disk afterward. Reboot did not help. My drive is an LG WH14NS40 with 1.03 firmware. I don't recall if I flashed it or if that's the way it came, I've had it a while. Did a little searching but didn't find a solution for the CME error. Is it something that can be corrected with a patched drive or are they physical issues with the disks? Thanks for any help.
MakeMKV v1.15.1 win(x64-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
LibreDrive firmware support is not yet available for this drive (id=BF04C03F631B)
Title #1 has length of 6 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 600 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #2 has length of 14 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 600 seconds and was therefore skipped
Cells 5-end were skipped due to cell commands (structure protection?)
Complex multiplex encountered - 4 cells and 2680 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #3 was added (4 cell(s), 0:22:20)
Complex multiplex encountered - 4 cells and 2768 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #4 was added (4 cell(s), 0:23:03)
Complex multiplex encountered - 4 cells and 2645 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #5 was added (4 cell(s), 0:22:01)
Complex multiplex encountered - 4 cells and 2643 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #6 was added (4 cell(s), 0:22:01)
Cells 22-end were skipped due to cell commands (structure protection?)
Complex multiplex encountered - 21 cells and 2851 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #7 was added (21 cell(s), 0:23:40)
Cells 38-end were skipped due to cell commands (structure protection?)
Complex multiplex encountered - 37 cells and 2644 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #8 was added (37 cell(s), 0:21:55)
Complex multiplex encountered - 4 cells and 2793 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #9 was added (4 cell(s), 0:23:16)
Complex multiplex encountered - 4 cells and 2647 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #10 was added (4 cell(s), 0:22:03)
Complex multiplex encountered - 4 cells and 2644 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #11 was added (4 cell(s), 0:22:01)
Complex multiplex encountered - 4 cells and 2644 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #12 was added (4 cell(s), 0:22:02)
Title #13 was added (4 cell(s), 0:22:01)
Complex multiplex encountered - 4 cells and 2798 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #14 was added (4 cell(s), 0:23:18)
Complex multiplex encountered - 4 cells and 2645 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #15 was added (4 cell(s), 0:22:02)
Operation successfully completed
Saving 13 titles into directory D:/DVDs/Coach using profile 'AAC-stereo' from file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV/appdata.tar:aac-st.mmcp.xml'
13 titles saved
Grauhaar

Re: complex multiplex encountered

Post by Grauhaar »

On some DVDs this is normal. It's the design of MakeMKV to get some data ...
Good Luck :)

Post by Zoobarb »

I’ve recently run into the same issue. I’m at a loss in determining what the root of the issue is. Turn on debugging and it doesn’t provide anything I can decipher.
The VOBU count is through the roof though and it skips a ton of “less than 120 seconds” pieces.
I’m working with Die Hard 4

DVD-ROM
Man: HL-DT-ST
Prod: BD-RE WH16NS60
Revision: 1.02
Firmware version: 1.02
jamisonia

Post by jamisonia »

I've noticed this happens with TV shows. I think its normal and its MakeMKV having to go through every path in which episodes could be accessed, which can be a lot.
edwaldner

Post by edwaldner »

I am also seeing this a lot with series. Previous makemkv versions used to do this from time to time with DVD movies. Now I see it almost every time. Something changed over the last release or recent releases to bring this "feature" about.
Storeman

Post by Storeman »

I'm no expert but pretty sure Jamisonia & Zoobarb have got it right.

I'm currently ripping the Bones complete DVD box set and noticed this from season two onwards. All of Season one just had the individual episodes / chapter selections in the menu but from season 2 up to season 4 ( as far as I have got so far) also have a play all in the menu and an extra title showing in MakeMKV which has a size equal to the 4 individual episodes summed together.

Summing all 4 episodes and the extra very large sized title of all 4 episodes would take more space than a DVD can hold so my thought was that MakeMKV has followed all the paths in the vobu's and calculated the total size of all the paths to get the size in GB's for this one title.