Twilight Zone Complete Series DVD rips

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
greatlakesglen

Twilight Zone Complete Series DVD rips

Post by greatlakesglen »

Started ripping the series the other day and disc 2 was totally unreadable over two computers and three drives. Not even showing up. It works fine in a proper DVD player.
Using version 1.17.6 of MKV on both computers and no joy. Decided to try an older version of MKV (v1.17.2) on the one system and lo and behold it ripped perfectly.
No idea what the difference is in the versions, or if I just got lucky after a dozen tries, but I think that I'll keep the two different versions on my systems for any future issues.

Just putting this out there for general information.

Thanks.
pneumatic

Re: Twilight Zone Complete Series DVD rips

Post by pneumatic »

Thanks for the tip as I'm about to purchase it - will report any issues with disc 2. From what you've described it sounds like a MakeMKV issue though.
pneumatic

Post by pneumatic »

After it worked with 1.17.2 did you happen to try 1.17.6 again and did it still not work?
pneumatic

Post by pneumatic »

Exact same issue here with the Region 1 of The Twilight Zone, Season 1 Disc 2, and rolling back to 1.16.7 solves it.

But I don't think it's purely MakeMKV's fault as there is definitely something wrong with Season 1 Disc 2 as my best Asus drive will not recognise this particular disc at all, whereas my Liteon drive will, and so will my Dell, however the Dell can only progress past the "open disc" function on v1.16.7 so there appears to be something going on with recent versions not being as friendly with trouble discs.