Lag / jumping small fraction of a frame?

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
GFOviedo

Lag / jumping small fraction of a frame?

Post by GFOviedo »

I've been using MakeMKV for 2 years now ripping my DVD collection mainly. I've used it for two blu-ray movies without any issues. I am using the latest FW 1.7.4, and ever since I updated, I've noticed that there is somewhat of a fraction of lagging issue. Is like a small tiny bit jump. I tried showing to my wife, but she didn't really care about it since she isn't a perfectionist like I am.

This doesn't occur throughout the whole movie, but in certain sections. I've replayed the chapter / section and it does it every time. If you are not looking for it, you will not notice it, but I usually watch the movie after I rip it just to make sure it was ripped correctly.

I used DVDShrink and AnyDVD HD to try to see if it was a ripping / disk issue, but neither ISO file didn't show the same tiny lags. As I mentioned before, you really won't notice it unless you are looking for it.

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this? I'm thinking of downloading the older version of MakeMKV to see if I can replicate the issue.
mike admin

Re: Lag / jumping small fraction of a frame?

Post by mike admin »

Assuming there were no messages during conversion, please try the following:

remux MKV file with mkvmerge and see if lag is present in produced file
remux MKV to M2TS (even if it was produced from DVD) with tsmuxer, and see if there is a lag when playing produced m2ts file.
GFOviedo

Post by GFOviedo »

mike admin wrote:Assuming there were no messages during conversion, please try the following:

remux MKV to M2TS (even if it was produced from DVD) with tsmuxer, and see if there is a lag when playing produced m2ts file.

I don't know how to use mkvmerge. I've tried using it before, but I couldn't figure out. I'll try doing what you've suggested. I'm currently looking for something else to replace makemkv. Probably just start making ISO's of my DVD collection.

I guess it was great while it lasted.
GFOviedo

Post by GFOviedo »

mike admin wrote:Assuming there were no messages during conversion, please try the following:

I've tried what you sugfested and the output file plays fine without issues. I've tried ripping another movie with makemkv and I got the same issue. I am going to uninstall makemkv and reinstall again see if that helps.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

GFOviedo wrote:

I've tried what you sugfested and the output file plays fine without issues.
MKV or M2TS? What player are you using? It's most likely the player issue.
GFOviedo

Post by GFOviedo »

mike admin wrote:
GFOviedo wrote:

I've tried what you sugfested and the output file plays fine without issues.
MKV or M2TS? What player are you using? It's most likely the player issue.

I am using a Dune D1 smartseries and AIOS. The only files that act like this are MKV that I make from SD movies. I've uninstalled and reinstalled MKV latest software update, and I re-ripped some of the last 5 movies, which had this issues. It appears the issue isn't there anymore after the re-install.

I usually play the files in my W7 PC just to make sure the file is good. This time I also tested the file with the Dune Player and AIOS, and it appears the issues isn't there either. I wish I could use MakeMKV for all my needs (HD and SD content), but there has been a lot of blu-ray movies that MakeMKV has had issues with ripping them due to protection. However, it is one of my favorite tools for SD movies. Thanks for the help.