Some errors

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
smoke070

Some errors

Post by smoke070 »

Last edited by smoke070 on Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Woodstock

Re: Some errors

Post by Woodstock »

For the most part, what you are seeing are anomalies in the way the disk is mastered. They can make some titles not show up in the selections, though, so they are worth noting if you think there are, say, 5 episodes on a disk, but only 4 are found. They don't affect the actual ripping, as shown by the fact that all the selected titles were ripped.

The region setting warning is a non-issue - you simply haven't selected a region for your drive yet, so it doesn't match ANY region-encoded disk. I don't bother selecting regions, because I get disks from all over, and let MakeMKV deal with that. In fact, I recently uninstalled one software package because it wasn't going to run until I let it lock down my region.... So that software package is gone.
It appears that you are opening the disc processed by DvdFab/MacTheRipper which is known to produce damaged VOB files. Errors may follow - please use original disc instead.
This one I have seen on disks that should NOT have been pirated (4 of 5 seasons of Castle, purchased through Amazon, and marked as being from ABC), but had weird mastering on them. I sent the information to Mike to be analyzed, and he said they appeared to be remarkably similar to disks made from a DVDFab rip....

The problem with DVDFab was that some older versions damaged the files when they ripped them. MakeMKV warns about this when it sees the DVDFab "signature", because there is a chance that "errors will follow". USUALLY it isn't a problem, but, you've been warned.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging