Can't rip from mostly-complete backup

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
megukaphii

Can't rip from mostly-complete backup

Post by megukaphii »

Hi,

I've been struggling with this particular disc recently - there are 2 titles that MakeMKV refuses to rip, even using a different drive. I heard that copying the disc, then opening that in MakeMKV can work, and I was able to copy everything except for one .m2ts file which appears to belong to only one of the 2 titles. Personally, I'm okay with not getting the MKV of the second title, as I believe it's just a company logo or some such - but the first title is an episode, so I still want to convert it - however, when I open up the copy, I get the following error:

Code: Select all

Opening files on harddrive at C:/Users/meguk/Desktop/Disc
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Saved AACS dump file as C:\Users\meguk/.MakeMKV/MKB_v15_Star_Trek_Season_2-_Disc_2_2DF8.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc
I assume this is because it's missing the other stream file, but as I say, I'm not interested in that title. Is there any way to get just the episode file, given I believe I have all the files related to it? Do I just send in the dump file? Thanks for any help!
Woodstock

Re: Can't rip from mostly-complete backup

Post by Woodstock »

Code: Select all

Saved AACS dump file as C:\Users\[redacted]/.MakeMKV/MKB_v15_Star_Trek_Season_2-_Disc_2_2DF8.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
No, it's because the key isn't known on your system. Was there another error message about not being able to contact HKDATA?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
megukaphii

Post by megukaphii »

Nope, that was the entireity of the log (aside from "MakeMKV v1.17.6 started"). But I was able to rip most of the files from the disc directly with no issue, so I imagined it must have had no issues with getting the key.
megukaphii

Post by megukaphii »

Okay, I managed to successfully open up the disc backup by opening the discatt.dat file, instead of the index.bdmv file. That said, I still wasn't able to rip the two remaining files as it said the stream was corrupted or invalid, so that's kind of a pain.