Problem with "The Verdict" blu-ray

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
tuco-benedito

Problem with "The Verdict" blu-ray

Post by tuco-benedito »

Hello,

I have encountered a problem with the recently released “The Verdict” blu-ray. After running makemkv if I try to view the movie via something like VLC the video is quite distorted where horizontal bands will become quite "blocky". I see the same distortion after converting it via handbrake to a m4v file. I even went so far as to try other video transcoders, but got the same result. I know that many transcoders have trouble with interlaced video but this is 1080p. I also noted that a dump file was created by makemkv, but I did not copy down the error. I have sent an email to makemkv support, including a reference to the dump file, but I am interested in knowing if anyone else has seen this type of issue before.

Thank you
mike admin

Re: Problem with "The Verdict" blu-ray

Post by mike admin »

This is the new BD+. With new BD+ you don't get a fatal error and only warning "no FUTs were obtained, errors may follow". As a result you'll getting a playable file with blocking artifacts you've described. You have to redo the movie.
marko

Post by marko »

I have the same problem with Hitchcock 2012. Have tried to rip it several times, but always I am not able to get clean rip, always those artifacts in the video.
MrPhil

Post by MrPhil »

I have the problem with Hitchcock as well. Got the latest build, but still getting the FUT problem and artefacts.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

Phil
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Please send the dump file. It takes just a day to update the SVQ, but we need a dump file first.