Unleashed (AKA Danny the Dog)

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Happydude5000

Unleashed (AKA Danny the Dog)

Post by Happydude5000 »

I am trying to rip the USA blu-ray of Unleashed. MakeMKV shows 3 large 20GB+ titles. Looking at the time codes I worked out one was for the R-rated cut and one was the extended cut. I dunno what the last title is. I tried ripping the unrated cut to .mkv but I get some minor video artifacts in some of the fight scenes. I tried the disc on 2 disc players and they don't show the same problem. Could this be to do with the seamless branching on the disc?

Anyone how I can fix the video problem with this disc. This is the 4th disc I have ripped the other 3 where all OK.
Woodstock

Re: Unleashed (AKA Danny the Dog)

Post by Woodstock »

The artifacts are more likely your player not being able to keep up with the bit rate. I've been noticing that VLC 2.2.0 is HORRID at playing high bit rate video that works just fine with v2.1.5. I'm getting ready to yank it and go back to 2.1.5!

Generally speaking, if MakeMKV can't make a bit-for-bit copy of the tracks from the DVD or BD into the MKV, it will tell you the rip failed.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Happydude5000

Re: Unleashed (AKA Danny the Dog)

Post by Happydude5000 »

I think you are correct I just ripped Twister and it played fine in openelec on my htpc but gave errors in the latest vlc.