Post by ndjamena »

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=DVDf ... n&start=20

-----------------------------

http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=26031

Awww, they didn't figure it out :'(
johng

Re: The Homesman

Post by johng »

Just to close on this quote I made - I looked at the playlist 872 order and played the first few mt2s segments and it is definitely incorrect (compared to 393), so DVDFab isn't great a figuring out the correct playlist.

johng
johng wrote:As an aside after googling how to determine the correct playlist I found a mention of DVDFab media player, so I installed the lastest 2.5.0.2 version. The player tells you which play list it selected for the main movie when you play the movie, and in the case of "The Homesman" it is selecting playlist 872 as the main movie (vs 393 which this thread says is the correct one). I haven't watched the whole movie so I have no idea who is right, but it somehow DVDFab media player is figuring out which playlist it "thinks" is right.

johng
johng

Post by johng »

Another question on this disc. Other threads have mentioned that one of the easiest ways to figure out which playlist is correct is to put the bluray in an actual bluray player and then note the start time of each chapter as you skip through them. I did this with "The Homesman" and the first 4 chapter start times are 00:00, 10:11, 15:26 and 23:15 (may be off by a second or two). When I look at playlist 393 (the correct one) with BDInfo the time shown for 106.m2ts = 5:08, 116.m2ts = 0:32, 101.m2ts = 0:37, 110.m2ts = 1:14, and 112.m2ts = 19:23.

There is no way to get a length of 10:11 for chapter 1 out of those m2ts files, so why is that?

johng
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

You're quoting the lengths of the m2ts file, that has nothing to do with chapters. You can have one m2ts file and place as many chapters as you like on it, and there's no obligation to place chapters on segment boundaries.
johng

Post by johng »

OK, so there is a way to do this that I found searching different threads. Google "bluray playlist obfuscation youtube" and the first link will be a youtube video showing you how to use Process Monitor v3.1 and any PC DVD player software (he's using PowerDVD v14) to get the correct playlist for any Bluray disc. Hope this is helpful for others!

johng
wildspirit97

Post by wildspirit97 »

johng wrote:A Bluray player just goes to the main screen where you hit the play button for the movie. You don't select a playlist as somehow the Bluray player knows which of the hundreds of playlists is the real one (in the case of this movie 00393.mpls). I must not be that hard for the bluray player to figure this out so it just seems odd their aren't programs that don't just tell you what the correct playlist is. Or put something into makemkv that does this for us.

johng
ndjamena wrote:It throws up a menu, then you tell it what to play. Isn't that what MakeMKV is doing too?
I use DVDFab to figure it out. It hasn't failed me yet.
reded2323

Post by reded2323 »

The movie is very choppy anyway so it was hard to be sure...until I watched on my XBOX ONE. Definitely 393
mica2000

Thanks!

Post by mica2000 »

Thanks for taking the time to figure this out. I appreciate it.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Automatic playlist detection is being worked on. Unfortunately takes a little bit longer then anticipated initially...