Difficulty with SICARIO backup

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
s-nj-w

Difficulty with SICARIO backup

Post by s-nj-w »

Hi there, I am using Makemkv 1.9.9 (64bit Win) to make a un-encrypted backup of my Sicario BD. There are 318 titles ! However, when I point my media player at the (uncompressed) backup, I get the 'consumer warning' (Dear customer, the disc you have inserted cannot be played..) just before the end of the first chapter. Has anyone else run into this ?
s-nj-w

Re: Difficulty with SICARIO backup

Post by s-nj-w »

Thank you. I had found that thread, but didn't recognize it a fix to my problem.

Now I understand more about how the 'real-time run-time' of the entire movie is constructed.

In the future, how would I determine the correct playlist ?

I also don't yet know how to point my media player at a specific playlist. Right now I just point it at the folder with
the backup inside. I guess it chooses one, but don't know by what criteria. Maybe it chooses the one with the longest playtime.
matt198t

Post by matt198t »

The developer of makemkv has announced that a fix is on it's way in the next revision update for playlist obfuscation.

I'm afraid I don't have any experience of playing titles from a full backup. I create separate MKVs. Someone else will be able to answer your question better.
s-nj-w

Post by s-nj-w »

Understood, but thank you again for your reply.