Carlito's Way FAIL

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
mpossjr

Carlito's Way FAIL

Post by mpossjr »

Carlito's Way Blu-ray
About halfway through it fails.
I have made a lot of MKVs and this is a first for me.

Saving 1 titles into directory C:/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Error 'Scsi error - NOT READY:CANNOT READ MEDIUM - INCOMPATIBLE FORMAT' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00010.m2ts' at offset '22658088960'
Error 'OS error - {Unknown Disk Format} The disk in drive hs is not formatted properly. Please check the disk, and reformat if necessary' occurred while reading '\Device\CdRom0' at offset '22658088960'
Error 'OS error - {Unknown Disk Format} The disk in drive hs is not formatted properly. Please check the disk, and reformat if necessary' occurred while reading '\Device\CdRom0' at offset '22658088960'
Error 'Scsi error - NOT READY:CANNOT READ MEDIUM - INCOMPATIBLE FORMAT' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00010.m2ts' at offset '22658088960'
Failed to save title 0 to file C:/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/Carlito's_Way_t00.mkv
0 titles saved, 1 failed
Woodstock

Re: Carlito's Way FAIL

Post by Woodstock »

Is this an external USB-powered drive, or an internal drive on a laptop? The log reads like the drive is going off-line mid read, which generally is a power issue.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
mpossjr

Post by mpossjr »

Neither. It's a tower with Blu-ray.

I tried it with Carlito's Way and it didn't work.
I then tried Bridge To Terabithia. Worked perfect.
I then tried Carlito's Way again. Same issue.
I then tried Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Worked perfect.
Tried Carlito's Way again and still didn't work.

All are Blu ray.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Do you know if the errors appear at the same place each time?

First step would be to clean the disk. Disks that are fresh out of the package can have unreadable sections due to finger prints, or even from the coating they put on the suction cups that pick up the disks to put them in the package. I received a series prior to its official release date recently (hey, it's a good supplier, and also the series publisher), so I know it wasn't a "return", and it had a hand print across the surface of the disk. I had to clean it to get it to rip.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging