Any way to save a incomplete rip?

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
wsmeyer

Any way to save a incomplete rip?

Post by wsmeyer »

Trying to rip a BD version of Rambo: First Blood. Lots of posts on it but no fixes that I could find. I am getting the dreaded "UNCORRECTABLE ERROR" near the end of the disc.

Source size: 18554.9
Output size: 18206.4

I'm sure this is past the movie and into the credits so is there any way to just save what I've got?
Woodstock

Re: Any way to save a incomplete rip?

Post by Woodstock »

MakeMKV won't save it if it doesn't complete the read.

You could try increasing the retry count, as well as cleaning the disk.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

I don't believe one can save an incomplete file but if memory serves, if you press the "stop" button when the uncorrectable error message is showing, a remnant file may remain. Don't hold me to this, though; I recall something remaining on a few occasions but don't know how or why it got there.

Also, the rip process is not truly linear, meaning it does not rip the movie in the same way as if you were watching the movie. There is information throughout that is needed for proper playback. On those infrequent failed rips that remained, I could never get them to play; MPC-HC could not open the files. So, you will need the source file to rip in its entirety in order for it to play.
taseldor

Post by taseldor »

I feel the OP's pain. So frustrating when a rip gets to 99% and then stalls due to a disc error.