AACSv62 on new Blu-rays - MakeMKV will need updating

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
filmsathome

AACSv62 on new Blu-rays - MakeMKV will need updating

Post by filmsathome »

So I do Blu-ray reviews for my website, and I got in an early copy of "The Conjuring 2" on Blu-ray. Obviously I need screen caps for the review, and so I use MakeMKV to get them. I'm getting AACSv62 as the protection for this new release (release date is 9/13) so hopefully someone at MakeMKV sees this and if they are not already aware, know they know that an update will be needed shortly for the new AACS.

Thanks! I am sure this is already being worked on but I just wanted to throw it out there.
Woodstock

Re: AACSv62 on new Blu-rays - MakeMKV will need updating

Post by Woodstock »

Mike is aware of the new version, it hit the streets a few weeks ago.

People on the forum have sent him samples from a number of titles, both released and yet to be released. If you could, in your MakeMKV data directory, there will be a .tgz file with a name that starts with "MKB_v62"; could you email that to svq@makemkv.com, so that Mike can have additional information?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
filmsathome

Post by filmsathome »

Woodstock wrote:Mike is aware of the new version, it hit the streets a few weeks ago.

People on the forum have sent him samples from a number of titles, both released and yet to be released. If you could, in your MakeMKV data directory, there will be a .tgz file with a name that starts with "MKB_v62"; could you email that to svq@makemkv.com, so that Mike can have additional information?
Definitely. I will do that once I get home. Thanks for the response - I just wanted to make sure Mike was aware, and if not, how I could help with my newest information. I also have TMNT 2 which releases 9/20, so I will send him that info too.

Thanks
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

The fastest way to help is when MakeMKV says it found an newer AACS version, it gives you a link to click on that sends the most vital part of the information directly to Mike's web server. However, the paranoid among us prefer to send the TGZ file that is generated, since we don't trust every link we see. ;)

When AACSv61 came out, it didn't break anything, although Mike did include it specifically in the next update. This apparently showed up first in some German releases. I got it with an anime title that releases later this month, which kind of ticks me off... I've been waiting for season 2 since I finished season 1!
filmsathome

Post by filmsathome »

How often would you say these AACS updates are needed? I have a team of 7 or 8 writers who all use MakeMKV for our reviews and screencaps so I am curious.

I will send that info to Mike for sure, although I'm not paranoid, so maybe I will click the link :)
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

How often depends upon the movie industry, really. v61 came out right after version 1.9.10 was released in mid-April, but did not seem to require an update to MakeMKV. No one seemed to notice it because everything still worked. :)

v62, though, looks to have hit the streets around August 20th or so.
gamereviewgod

Post by gamereviewgod »

The Flash Season 2 also has the same protection, for what it's worth. I'll submit the data. Looks like Warner's the first one out of the gate with this.
filmsathome

Post by filmsathome »

gamereviewgod wrote:The Flash Season 2 also has the same protection, for what it's worth. I'll submit the data. Looks like Warner's the first one out of the gate with this.
I think that might be right. I don't have any other new Warner titles (The Killing Joke worked just fine), but I did notice that my copy of TMNT 2 from Paramount was still using AACS_58.

I have only seen 62 on The Conjuring 2 from WB, and not on any other new or upcoming release that I have with me right now.
Dembo

Post by Dembo »

Sam problem over here with another German title. Reports protection as AACS v62, MakeMKV 1.10.1 gives it a try, spins up my fans and CPUs but won't succeed with ripping it. As requested I clicked the send-now button and hope that Mike will be able to fix things.
djbobo2014

Post by djbobo2014 »

Just FYI,
Anime The Perfect Insider
while Vol. 1 which was released early August could be read without any problems, the newly released Vol. 2 uses AACS v62 and MakeMKV goes around in circles.

update: problem solved with v1.10.2
Last edited by djbobo2014 on Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JayPy

Post by JayPy »

Another disc with that problem is the german version of "Hardcore Henry (2015)" :roll:
Vilesyde

Post by Vilesyde »

Having this exact same issue on Friday the 13th part 3 BD from the complete collection. Disc is flawless but it gets about 3/4 done and says error attempting to blah blah blah. I'm updating to latest version of mkv right now gonna attempt it again also tried with AnyDVD same issue.
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

Vilesyde wrote:Having this exact same issue on Friday the 13th part 3 BD from the complete collection. Disc is flawless but it gets about 3/4 done and says error attempting to blah blah blah. I'm updating to latest version of mkv right now gonna attempt it again also tried with AnyDVD same issue.
Not the same issue; Friday the 13th is an older release (at least that's what I found on blu-ray.com, no release newer than 2015) and would not have AACS v.62. If you're getting through 3/4 of the rip and errors crop up, start here: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15055