Deadpool being ripped with Audio Description

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Umbre

Deadpool being ripped with Audio Description

Post by Umbre »

I received some new Blu Rays recently and I've been trying to get them ripped. Deadpool was the last one I had to rip, but every time I try to rip it, the MKV file ends up having the Audio Description (the narration for the blind). I tried searching for solutions to this but couldn't find any (I found a thread where someone kept telling the OP to figure out which track it is and uncheck it, but like the OP, I have no idea how I'm supposed to do this).

This is what it looks like when I'm ripping it:

All boxes unchecked save for the 24.8 GB Title and those two audio boxes. All other main title boxes are unchecked and all the subtitles of this title unchecked (which shouldn't matter for the audio, right? Plus the forced subs haven't worked on any of the movies I ripped recently). I tried unchecking the DD Surround 5.1 English, since when I put Civil War in to see which boxes are checked on that one, this box was unchecked automatically (and I had to uncheck the other languages myself). However, that ended up with the MKV file having no sound at all when I played it.

I have zero clue as to what else there is to uncheck. I was going to try ripping it with the MA Surround 7.1 checked and without the DD Surround but it ran into an error towards the very end of ripping (not sure if it would have made a difference or not. I've honestly never checked that box myself; it's always automatically unchecked when I rip Blu Rays).

Can anyone direct me in a way to get this to rip without the Audio Description? Mind you, I'm not really very savvy with this stuff - usually I don't have to be and everything goes smoothly.
JediSamReye

Re: Deadpool being ripped with Audio Description

Post by JediSamReye »

I have been seeing this alot lately. Grab the 7.1 and see if that works fine. I had the same issue with the Shallows
Umbre

Post by Umbre »

JediSamReye wrote:I have been seeing this alot lately. Grab the 7.1 and see if that works fine. I had the same issue with the Shallows
I tried it with the 7.1 and the DD Surround 5.1 but it still makes an MKV file with Audio Description. I can try just the 7.1 without the DD again, but last time I did I got an error near the end.

So is there no other fix? I'm just stuck with a Blu-Ray I pretty much can't use?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Tell MakeMKV to grab ALL the audio tracks, then find out which one is the movie audio. It isn't always the "best quality" audio track.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Umbre

Post by Umbre »

Woodstock wrote:Tell MakeMKV to grab ALL the audio tracks, then find out which one is the movie audio. It isn't always the "best quality" audio track.
As in check every audio box in the picture posted? All the foreign languages? Or is it something I have to do prior to opening the disc? In which case, how do I go about doing that?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Checking all of the boxes will do it.

Personally, I run everything I rip through handbrake afterwards. I use a default selection rule that picks up all audio and subtitle tracks during the rip, then look at the MKV file with VLC to see which tracks I want to keep. I then use that information when creating the encode job for handbrake, which shrinks the video and only passes through the other tracks I want.

MakeMKV's normal rule works most of the time to get the "best" audio track for a preferred language, but there are things that can fool it. And you also might have a case where your player selects the first language track it UNDERSTANDS, rather than the one you think it should.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Krawk

Post by Krawk »

You can always rip all the tracks then use MKVToolnix to delete the tracks you don't need afterwards.
biggs

Post by biggs »

Krawk wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:33 pm
You can always rip all the tracks then use MKVToolnix to delete the tracks you don't need afterwards.
Hi Krawk, did you get any further on this please?