Cinavia Audio Protection - Need Help

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Damundai

Cinavia Audio Protection - Need Help

Post by Damundai »

Hey all... I backed up a few of my movies using MakeMKV to decode the video then Handbrake to encode them to video for my thumb drive.

I play the MP4 file back on my TV no problem, but when I go to my brothers house to watch movies with him, I keep getting "Audio ouputs temporarily muted. Do not adjust the playback volume. The content being played is protected by Cinavia and is not authorized for playback on this device. (web address) Message Code 3" error on his TV. Is there a setting in either program that can be adjusted so this never happens?

Thanks
Woodstock

Re: Cinavia Audio Protection - Need Help

Post by Woodstock »

Whether or not Cinavia affects playback depends entirely on the playback device. In the big Cinavia thread in the general section, there are references to software that, under certain circumstances, can remove the audio "noise" that causes it.

But the main thing to do is to NOT buy hardware that supports it.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Damundai

Post by Damundai »

Woodstock,

Thanks for the quick reply. I see that it (Cinavia) detection has been implemented in BD players, and this is the port that we have been plugging the thumb drive into. I'm sure that's where the detection of the protection is made.

I read through the thread that you linked but it looks like no one has looked at DVD-Ranger CinEx HD Utility. Wondering if anyone has tried it yet or not. I currently can't from where I'm at (on the road) and won't be home until mid-June to give this a shot.

Damundai
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Personally, I have a $50 media player that I use when I go "outside" with my video. It has HDMI and composite video outputs, a USB port to plug into, and manual controls that can be used if I forget/lose the remote. It understands all the formats I have and most of the audio codecs, so I don't have to worry about what's at the other end, as long as it understands either HDMI or composite video. And it doesn't know anything about Cinavia, so it doesn't bother me if a title has it.

It also saves me the cost of a utility that may or may not work.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging