Logan - no FUTs

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
spaded21

Logan - no FUTs

Post by spaded21 »

I already sent the dump file in per the instructions. Is Mike still active? His last post here was April 10th.
Woodstock

Re: Logan - no FUTs

Post by Woodstock »

There was a post here a couple of days ago from someone who got an email from him. Apparently there is a key-revoking version of AACS out there that will require a new version, and the beta key expires next week, so he should pop up shortly.

As for the FUTs on Logan - is this the same as "Logan Noir"? Someone asked about Logan Noir last week, but I do not know if the dump file was submitted...
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
spaded21

Post by spaded21 »

Logan Noir is a separate disc that comes with the regular version, so I would assume different FUTs, but I wouldn't really know to be honest.
michaelp1981

Post by michaelp1981 »

I just bought the Logan Blu-ray yesterday (May 25, 2017). I tried to back it up using MakeMKV, and I also got the "no FUTs" message (I have no idea what that means). I was able to successfully back up the deleted scenes and "making of" documentary without any problems, but I tried backing up the actual movie twice, and it comes out playing glitchy both times. I have the latest version of MakeMKV, and not long ago, I successfully backed up my Rogue One Blu-ray without any problems either. Has anyone found a solution to this Logan Blu-ray problem???
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

This page explains what is going on and what you need to do: /svq/
vin1013

Post by vin1013 »

I've successfully rip both the "Logan" and "Logan Noir" disc. Just open MakeMkv and update the SVQ files. Once the files updated, both disc will be ripped successfully.
spaded21

Post by spaded21 »

vin1013 wrote:I've successfully rip both the "Logan" and "Logan Noir" disc. Just open MakeMkv and update the SVQ files. Once the files updated, both disc will be ripped successfully.
How? I don't see any option to manually update.
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

If you're not on the latest version (1.10.6), update to it. It should work. If not, make sure your computer is internet-enabled and try again.
spaded21

Post by spaded21 »

Didn't realize there was an update available, I was still on 1.10.5. Working now, thanks!
Krawk

Post by Krawk »

spaded21 wrote:Didn't realize there was an update available, I was still on 1.10.5. Working now, thanks!
Every time I start MakeMKV and there is a new version available it notifies me in the startup window. Not the same for you?
TreeBranch

Post by TreeBranch »

I've updated to v1.10.6 but I'm still getting no FUTs. Normal Theatrical release ie not Logan Noir.
HashCoffee

Post by HashCoffee »

Tried both Windows and Mac versions of 1.10.6. It creates the .mkv file but there are glitches / blocks throughout the movie.
leehart00

Post by leehart00 »

I can rip the movie, however as with Assassin's Creed, I get a narrated version of the movie.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

"Narrated" is a separate audio track. If you have not enabled "Expert mode" (Preferences->General), do so.

When you load the disk, next to each title in the left menu is a triangle; click it, and you can see all of the tracks that make up that title. With your default settings, you probably only have one audio track selected, and it isn't the main one. Add in the main track.

This can happen if the main movie audio has "lesser specifications" than other tracks, such as a 2-channel stereo movie audio track with a 5.1 Dolby commentary track.