John Wick Chapter 2

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
thedigitalhobo
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:49 am
Contact:

Re: John Wick Chapter 2

Post by thedigitalhobo » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:53 pm

Just for fun, I ripped both 934 and 121 last night.

Played one back in VLC window, the other in WMC window. Jumping every 5-10 mins through a movie that I haven't seen, I didn't see any differences. Maybe there is a short scene somewhere out of order that I didn't find, but checking about 10-12 times through the movie, I saw no differences.

Anyone who is familiar with the movie willing to do an unscientific check?
BroadStreetPhila wrote:
mjensen939 wrote:
unab0mb wrote:Correct title for Netflix version:

Title information
Name: John Wick Chapter 2 (English)
Source file name: 00934.mpls
Duration: 2:02:22
Chapters count: 16
Size: 19.8 GB
Segment count: 20
Segment map: 502,505,512,504,516,515,513,506,509,510,514,518,511,501,520,503,519,508,507,517
File name: John_Wick_Chapter_2_t369.mkv
I have viewed and can confirm this is correct!
I can confirm as well for US Netflix.

xbmcuser
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:21 am

Re: John Wick Chapter 2

Post by xbmcuser » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:34 am

Netflix Confirmed
Source file name: 00934.mpls
Duration: 2:02:22
Chapters count: 16
Size: 19.8 GB
Segment count: 20
Segment map: 502,505,512,504,516,515,513,506,509,510,514,518,511,501,520,503,519,508,507,517

Previously I have posted a 100% free way of doing this in Linux is the following:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9959#p42657
Reposting Here:
...
Researching this it seems the best/fastest way to find the correct segment map is to first backup the entire disc, which should be of normal size. Then knowing you need to work with a certain subset of segments your job is to now figure out their correct order, which the superset can be yfound here: BDMV/STREAM. Typically You are working with segments 501-520. You should be able to find each segment's starting point and length by referencing the movie in a bluray player.

It is somewhat tedious but using simple time math you can figure out the correct mapping faster than real time of the movie.

It amazes me that no one can grasp the simplicity of finding the correct segment map.

BroadStreetPhila
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:51 pm

Re: John Wick Chapter 2

Post by BroadStreetPhila » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:45 pm

thedigitalhobo wrote:Just for fun, I ripped both 934 and 121 last night.

Played one back in VLC window, the other in WMC window. Jumping every 5-10 mins through a movie that I haven't seen, I didn't see any differences. Maybe there is a short scene somewhere out of order that I didn't find, but checking about 10-12 times through the movie, I saw no differences.

Anyone who is familiar with the movie willing to do an unscientific check?

Title information
Name: John Wick Chapter 2 (English)
Source file name: 00934.mpls
Duration: 2:02:22
Chapters count: 16
Size: 19.8 GB
Segment count: 20
Segment map: 502,505,512,504,516,515,513,506,509,510,514,518,511,501,520,503,519,508,507,517
File name: John_Wick_Chapter_2_t369.mkv

I did the same. 121 diverges after the 26th minute. 934 looks to be the correct mpls.

KENSAI
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:50 pm

Re: John Wick Chapter 2

Post by KENSAI » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:26 pm

BroadStreetPhila wrote:I did the same. 121 diverges after the 26th minute. 934 looks to be the correct mpls.
I have the US retail version of this and there is no 934... :cry: So I am confused.

hvnphoto
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:38 am

Re: John Wick Chapter 2

Post by hvnphoto » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:23 pm

KENSAI wrote:
BroadStreetPhila wrote:I did the same. 121 diverges after the 26th minute. 934 looks to be the correct mpls.
I have the US retail version of this and there is no 934... :cry: So I am confused.
For the US Retail version the playlist is 00440.mpls. 00934.mpls is for the Netflix version.

KENSAI
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:50 pm

Re: John Wick Chapter 2

Post by KENSAI » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:53 pm

hvnphoto wrote:For the US Retail version the playlist is 00440.mpls. 00934.mpls is for the Netflix version.
Thanks so much! :mrgreen:

cmehling
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:30 pm

Re: John Wick Chapter 2

Post by cmehling » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:35 pm

I tried 440 for the Redbox, but that doesn't appear correct as posted earlier. Does anyone else have feedback on the Redbox version?

Thanks!

hvnphoto
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:38 am

Re: John Wick Chapter 2

Post by hvnphoto » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:03 am

cmehling wrote:I tried 440 for the Redbox, but that doesn't appear correct as posted earlier. Does anyone else have feedback on the Redbox version?

Thanks!
Should be the same as the Netflix version, 00934.mpls. I would doubt the Redbox version includes the TrueHD 7.1 track.

cmehling
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:30 pm

Re: John Wick Chapter 2

Post by cmehling » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:29 am

hvnphoto wrote:
cmehling wrote:I tried 440 for the Redbox, but that doesn't appear correct as posted earlier. Does anyone else have feedback on the Redbox version?

Thanks!
Should be the same as the Netflix version, 00934.mpls. I would doubt the Redbox version includes the TrueHD 7.1 track.
Actually... the Redbox version does appear to have TrueHD 7.1... and there is no 934 title

hvnphoto
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:38 am

Re: John Wick Chapter 2

Post by hvnphoto » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:36 am

cmehling wrote:
hvnphoto wrote:
cmehling wrote:I tried 440 for the Redbox, but that doesn't appear correct as posted earlier. Does anyone else have feedback on the Redbox version?

Thanks!
Should be the same as the Netflix version, 00934.mpls. I would doubt the Redbox version includes the TrueHD 7.1 track.
Actually... the Redbox version does appear to have TrueHD 7.1... and there is no 934 title
Can you post the segment map for 440 for the Redbox version?

cmehling
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:30 pm

Re: John Wick Chapter 2

Post by cmehling » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:41 am

Yes... it is

502, 508, 501, 514, 506, 503, 505, 515, 513, 512, 504, 507, 511

hvnphoto
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:38 am

Re: John Wick Chapter 2

Post by hvnphoto » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:50 am

cmehling wrote:Yes... it is

502, 508, 501, 514, 506, 503, 505, 515, 513, 512, 504, 507, 511
The segment map is correct.

Title information
Name: John Wick Chapter 2
Source file name: 00440.mpls
Duration: 2:02:22
Chapters count: 16
Size: 33.8 GB
Segment count: 13
Segment map: 502,508,501,514,506,503,505,515,513,512,504,507,511
File name: John_Wick_Chapter_2_t142.mkv

The Redbox version is the same as the Retail version.

cmehling
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:30 pm

Re: John Wick Chapter 2

Post by cmehling » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:54 am

hvnphoto wrote:
cmehling wrote:Yes... it is

502, 508, 501, 514, 506, 503, 505, 515, 513, 512, 504, 507, 511
The segment map is correct.

Title information
Name: John Wick Chapter 2
Source file name: 00440.mpls
Duration: 2:02:22
Chapters count: 16
Size: 33.8 GB
Segment count: 13
Segment map: 502,508,501,514,506,503,505,515,513,512,504,507,511
File name: John_Wick_Chapter_2_t142.mkv

The Redbox version is the same as the Retail version.
Alright! I re-ran makemkv and 440 seems ok now. My first try wouldn't play. Thank-you for the confirmation!

brock4060
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: John Wick Chapter 2

Post by brock4060 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:17 pm

bretb wrote:You guys are the best of the best of the best! :)

I 2nd that!!!

Thanks guys!!

thedigitalhobo
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:49 am
Contact:

Re: John Wick Chapter 2

Post by thedigitalhobo » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:33 am

BroadStreetPhila wrote:Just for fun, I ripped both 934 and 121 last night.

I did the same. 121 diverges after the 26th minute. 934 looks to be the correct mpls.
Wow. Great catch. Thats why it takes someone who knows the movie. That was less than a minute of difference there.

Thanks for indulging my OCD!

Post Reply