Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
nickieh

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 error: Linux 1.10.6

Post by nickieh »

Asus BW-12B1ST drive, Fedora 26:

MakeMKV v1.10.6 linux(x64-release) started
Internal error: openssl test 00FC failed
Using direct disc access mode
Highest AACS version is v57 , MKB saved as /home/rkh/.MakeMKV/MKB_v57_GUARDIANS_OF_THE_GALAXY_VOL_2.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc

Suggestions?
Woodstock

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 error: Linux 1.10.6

Post by Woodstock »

There have been some discussions in the Linux forum about this error and how to resolve it. Without openssl, there isn't much hope of decrypting the content, so resolving that issue should fix you up.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
nickieh

Post by nickieh »

Woodstock wrote:
There have been some discussions in the Linux forum about this error and how to resolve it. Without openssl, there isn't much hope of decrypting the content, so resolving that issue should fix you up.
$ openssl version
OpenSSL 1.1.0f-fips 25 May 2017

I'd assume this is current enough; I keep my system updated....
nickieh

Post by nickieh »

nickieh wrote:
Woodstock wrote:
$ openssl version
OpenSSL 1.1.0f-fips 25 May 2017

I'd assume this is current enough; I keep my system updated....
Saw the thread about the broken Fedora 26 version, and the fix on the negativio17 repository. Used that & getting same error. ???
MagmaiKH

Post by MagmaiKH »

You need the EC (elliptical curve) support turned on in OpenSSL which theoretically prohibits binary distribution.
I read one post that said the patents have expired and Fedora started turning them on but go check your versions and see if they are new enough to get EC support.
(I had to rebuild a bunch of stuff on Gentoo to enable it because I was rolling without bindist.)

I just ripped my GotG2 disc so I know it works - I also used 1.10.7 so that might make a difference.
lightknight

Post by lightknight »

This a problem with the 4K release? I've been trying to rip that in Windows land, and haven't gotten anywhere. Cyberlink can't play it, because it requires some funky Intel BIOS extensions (which as I am running a Ryzen system...).
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

lightknight wrote:This a problem with the 4K release? I've been trying to rip that in Windows land, and haven't gotten anywhere. Cyberlink can't play it, because it requires some funky Intel BIOS extensions (which as I am running a Ryzen system...).
If I'm reading you correctly, you're trying to rip the UHD/4K disc not standard HD Blu-Ray, correct? If yes, can't be done as MakeMKV cannot decrypt AACS 2.0 (copy protection on all 4K discs) at this time, nothing can that I'm aware of.