Ken Burns: The Vietnam War (2017)

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
angelgraves13

Ken Burns: The Vietnam War (2017)

Post by angelgraves13 »

MakeMKV seems to have trouble with a few of the discs and is unable to find the correct playlist.

Can someone post the correct playlists?
lawndart

Re: Ken Burns: The Vietnam War (2017)

Post by lawndart »

I also need correct title for disc 2. It appears that's the only one with multiple options for the main feature.

Thanks
zooropa56

Post by zooropa56 »

Disc 2 correct playlist 545.
lawndart

Post by lawndart »

zooropa56 wrote:Disc 2 correct playlist 545.
Thank you. That was the one.

Title information
Name: The Vietnam War Disc 2 (English)
Source file name: 00545.mpls
Duration: 1:23:23
Chapters count: 9
Size: 21.8 GB
Segment count: 10
Segment map: 501,8,509,503,500,506,504,502,505,508
File name: The_Vietnam_War_Disc_2_t228.mkv
Tayvl

Post by Tayvl »

Disc 1 and 2 were no problem. Disc 3 gives the following error: "CellWalk algorithm failed (structure protection is too tough?), trying CellTrim algorithm". Anyone have any idea what the problem is here?
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

Tayvl wrote:Disc 1 and 2 were no problem. Disc 3 gives the following error: "CellWalk algorithm failed (structure protection is too tough?), trying CellTrim algorithm". Anyone have any idea what the problem is here?
Are you ripping a Blu-Ray or DVD? I've never seen this message come up on a Blu-Ray. If DVD, please post your question in the DVD section.

EDIT: corrected "error" to "message". Woodstock is right. Responded too quickly after a very long day at the office... :wink:
Last edited by yorgo on Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Tayvl wrote:Disc 1 and 2 were no problem. Disc 3 gives the following error: "CellWalk algorithm failed (structure protection is too tough?), trying CellTrim algorithm". Anyone have any idea what the problem is here?
This isn't an error, it's an advisory that the fast method of determining which parts of a DVD belong to the title in question didn't work so well, so it is using the slower method.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Tayvl

Post by Tayvl »

yorgo wrote:
Are you ripping a Blu-Ray or DVD? I've never seen this message come up on a Blu-Ray. If DVD, please post your question in the DVD section.

EDIT: corrected "error" to "message". Woodstock is right. Responded too quickly after a very long day at the office... :wink:
My bad, it's a DVD, not Blu-ray.
makebelievemusic

Post by makebelievemusic »

Can someone share the MPLS for all 10 discs? So far, there's only been a response for Disc 2.
thetoad

Post by thetoad »

many PBS discs have a form of screen pass. where many times only one episode per disc are obfuscated. DVDFab solves (or at least past tense) this ugly by hacking up the java code. AnyDVD solves this elegatly with the realization that the java code doesn't matter, they aren't really a BDJ disc, all the BDJ code does is fill in GPR values that specify which playlist to use for which episode. Instead of calling a java title to fill in those GPRs correctly, can have a regular HDMV title that fills them in manually and skip all the java code.

With that, can also excise the whole JAR directory saving 500MB-1GB of space IIRC.
ShamusJN

Post by ShamusJN »

makebelievemusic wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:47 pm
Can someone share the MPLS for all 10 discs? So far, there's only been a response for Disc 2.
Here is what MakeMKV produced for me.
Disc 10 = 857
Disc 09 = 207
Disc 08 = 376
Disc 07 = 293
Disc 06 = 556
Disc 05 = 258
Disc 04 = 979
Disc 03 = 930
Disc 02 =
Disc 01 = 951

I just recently began ripping (Blu-ray) these for my media library.
I can't say for sure on Disc 02. I'll rely on the 545 from above.
For all but Disc 2 only one main multi chapter file was created as it ran its java runtime execution. And it never showed any segment map when selected.
Disc 02 returned a file for everything on the disc. Showing all segments for each file.
I attached screen shots of them.
Attachments
Disc1 Output.jpg
Disc1 Output.jpg (1.05 MiB) Viewed 7455 times
Disc2 Output.jpg
Disc2 Output.jpg (1.5 MiB) Viewed 7455 times
ShamusJN
"The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday"
Zoobarb

Post by Zoobarb »

This post helped me immensely.. I use Linux and the initial scan of the disc was barfing on the java.

guess I can't add the image .. anyway.. set custom java path to /dev/null .. MakeMKV complains it can't find java runtime and then proceeds as it normally does.
thetoad wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:46 am
many PBS discs have a form of screen pass. where many times only one episode per disc are obfuscated. DVDFab solves (or at least past tense) this ugly by hacking up the java code. AnyDVD solves this elegatly with the realization that the java code doesn't matter, they aren't really a BDJ disc, all the BDJ code does is fill in GPR values that specify which playlist to use for which episode. Instead of calling a java title to fill in those GPRs correctly, can have a regular HDMV title that fills them in manually and skip all the java code.

With that, can also excise the whole JAR directory saving 500MB-1GB of space IIRC.