The Hitman’s Bodyguard

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
marianiode
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:24 am

The Hitman’s Bodyguard

Post by marianiode » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:46 pm

Anyone know what the correct source file name for this title is? Thanks...

hvnphoto
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:38 am

Re: The Hitman’s Bodyguard

Post by hvnphoto » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:04 pm

The Retail Version is 00648.MPLS. If the Redbox Version includes the 7.1 Atmos track then the mpls should be the same.

drbuckingham
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:57 pm

Re: The Hitman’s Bodyguard

Post by drbuckingham » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:35 pm

The Redbox version does have the 7.1 Atmos; however, there is no 00648.mpls. 00999.mpls has the comment "FPL_MainFeature", but I have not verified that is correct.

q3131a
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:04 am

Re: The Hitman’s Bodyguard

Post by q3131a » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:25 pm

drbuckingham wrote:The Redbox version does have the 7.1 Atmos; however, there is no 00648.mpls. 00999.mpls has the comment "FPL_MainFeature", but I have not verified that is correct.

Segment map: 506,507,502,508,504,509,501,503,510,505 ?

WAYFLIX
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:59 pm

Re: The Hitman’s Bodyguard

Post by WAYFLIX » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:46 pm

q3131a wrote:
drbuckingham wrote:The Redbox version does have the 7.1 Atmos; however, there is no 00648.mpls. 00999.mpls has the comment "FPL_MainFeature", but I have not verified that is correct.

Segment map: 506,507,502,508,504,509,501,503,510,505 ?
That is the segment map of the ""FPL_MainFeature" 00999.mpls for my Netflix version which is most likely the same as the redbox. Has this been verified correct?

hvnphoto
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:38 am

Re: The Hitman’s Bodyguard

Post by hvnphoto » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:59 pm

Title information
Name: The Hitman's Bodyguard
Source file name: 00648.mpls
Duration: 1:58:17
Chapters count: 16
Size: 35.9 GB
Segment count: 10
Segment map: 503,509,504,506,510,501,502,505,507,508
File name: The_Hitman's_Bodyguard_t123.mkv

It would appear the Retail is different from both the Netflix and Redbox versions. Playlist 00999.MPLS is not available on the Retail copy.

marianiode
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:24 am

Re: The Hitman’s Bodyguard

Post by marianiode » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:22 pm

Once again thanks a lot hvnphoto... really appreciate...
Keep up the good work!

kikkoman
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:54 pm

Re: The Hitman’s Bodyguard

Post by kikkoman » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:10 pm

Just curious, but when I see movies which have like a ton of files for the main feature like 20+ when I rip, there is always an issue during playback where it jumps around randomly.

Is this what you all are seeing as well? And if so, you can get around that issue by selecting the correct file like you mentioned above? If so, this is nice.

Also how do you go about finding which file version is the correct one? I see a mention of Netflix, but the movie is not out on there yet. Is it a site or just a search for it?

TIA.

hvnphoto
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:38 am

Re: The Hitman’s Bodyguard

Post by hvnphoto » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:16 pm

kikkoman wrote:Just curious, but when I see movies which have like a ton of files for the main feature like 20+ when I rip, there is always an issue during playback where it jumps around randomly.

Is this what you all are seeing as well? And if so, you can get around that issue by selecting the correct file like you mentioned above? If so, this is nice.

Also how do you go about finding which file version is the correct one? I see a mention of Netflix, but the movie is not out on there yet. Is it a site or just a search for it?

TIA.
Film companies like Lionsgate utilize playlist obfuscation to hinder the copying of particularly blu-ray discs. Among the hundreds of titles, only one has the correct play sequence. When users post the playlist for a particular movie that's the one you should select to rip. Makemkv makes the selection for you in most instances if you have java enabled.

Sometimes retail discs have different playlists from the rental discs, hence the reference to retail, netflix, redbox, etc.

kikkoman
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:54 pm

Re: The Hitman’s Bodyguard

Post by kikkoman » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:22 pm

hvnphoto wrote:Film companies like Lionsgate utilize playlist obfuscation to hinder the copying of particularly blu-ray discs. Among the hundreds of titles, only one has the correct play sequence. When users post the playlist for a particular movie that's the one you should select to rip. Makemkv makes the selection for you in most instances if you have java enabled.

Sometimes retail discs have different playlists from the rental discs, hence the reference to retail, netflix, redbox, etc.
Ah, good to know about the obfuscation. Thanks for that tidbit!

I'll have to double-check if I have Java enabled, but is that a specific Java plugin or just Java itself? And let's say I have it enabled, it knows by default which title to select in Makemkv, and so I can leave it to that and I'll be ok? How does it do that? Makemkv has Java code that runs when you're loading the disc to know which is the correct title to play?

Thanks again.

Woodstock
Posts: 7636
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm

Re: The Hitman’s Bodyguard

Post by Woodstock » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:38 pm

General information on fake playlist disks and how MakeMKV deals with them can be found here: http://makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16791
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: https://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/8

kikkoman
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:54 pm

Re: The Hitman’s Bodyguard

Post by kikkoman » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:09 pm

Woodstock wrote:General information on fake playlist disks and how MakeMKV deals with them can be found here: http://makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16791
Ah, good to know, thanks! I'll keep an eye out on the log next time. I do recall seeing and selecting the 'FPL_MainFeature' for the movie, but maybe Java wasn't running at that time.

But I do recall seeing Java popup's on the PC now and again, which I just ignore. So that probably doesn't help.

RamHawk
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:29 am

Re: The Hitman’s Bodyguard

Post by RamHawk » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:40 pm

Redbox / Netflix Versions:

Title information
Name: The Hitman's Bodyguard (English)
Comment: FPL_MainFeature
Source file name: 00999.mpls
Duration: 1:58:17
Chapters count: 16
Size: 36.1 GB
Segment count: 10
Segment map: 506,507,502,508,504,509,501,503,510,505


Same segment map as the Retail version.

WAYFLIX
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:59 pm

Re: The Hitman’s Bodyguard

Post by WAYFLIX » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:19 am

RamHawk wrote:Redbox / Netflix Versions:

Title information
Name: The Hitman's Bodyguard (English)
Comment: FPL_MainFeature
Source file name: 00999.mpls
Duration: 1:58:17
Chapters count: 16
Size: 36.1 GB
Segment count: 10
Segment map: 506,507,502,508,504,509,501,503,510,505


Same segment map as the Retail version.
Watched and confirmed,

cypherstrength
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:55 pm

Re: The Hitman’s Bodyguard

Post by cypherstrength » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:57 pm

So interestingly enough, I dont have 648 or 990.mpls on my disc. This is from Redbox, and is a blue disc. Any ideas?

Thanks

Post Reply