Playlist Obfuscation: a possible solution? next steps?

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
PrimeGit

Playlist Obfuscation: a possible solution? next steps?

Post by PrimeGit »

I'm researching into the security holes presented by playlist obfuscation and I've written something of a solution. I've tested it about 8 times now and it has been successful every time. I started by testing it on disks that have already been cracked by others to make sure it solves correctly and it does. I then tested it on disks that haven't been cracked. And so far everything has worked out well. Tests were all conducted on movies I've never seen before, so the matching results cannot be by coincidence, nor by the help of my own memory. Problem is, because of the fact that almost everyone would use it for piracy, I don't really know what to do with it except to add it to my own digital swiss army knife.

It's an early early alpha. But I was wondering if anyone had any ideas?
Friend Request MPLS: 00827.mpls 516,514,502,517,509,511,513,508,510,519,518,520,501,503,507,504,515,512,505,506
Good Time MPLS: 00432.mpls 502,501,514,506,504,513,515,503,508,511,505,507,510,512,509
Lovely Rita

Re: Playlist Obfuscation: a possible solution? next steps?

Post by Lovely Rita »

PrimeGit wrote:Problem is, because of the fact that almost everyone would use it for piracy
And MakeMKV isn’t. :shock:
Registered User :wink:
Buy MakeMKV
Assmonkey

Post by Assmonkey »

So you're making a thread about a solution to ScreenPass but won't release it? So what was the point exactly?

Regardless if you release it or not, people will still download the movies and just wait for someone to post the correct playlist instead.
PrimeGit

Post by PrimeGit »

Lovely Rita wrote:
PrimeGit wrote:Problem is, because of the fact that almost everyone would use it for piracy
And MakeMKV isn’t. :shock:
lol I'm quite aware of the uses of MakeMKV. What I'm asking is how might I safely make this tool available to people? It would be a shame if this tool went no further than my own computer. If I posted the code on GitHub, it'll disappear as soon as the DMCA vultures go after it. I can't host it on a website I personally owned because that too would be traceable. I'm hoping someone might know what to do next.
Assmonkey

Post by Assmonkey »

Just put it on any of the filehosts. Some of them won't even require registration. https://uploadfiles.io/ for example.
PrimeGit

Post by PrimeGit »

Oh that's perfect! Thank you! I can't post a compiled program for obvious reasons. But I can post my source code. I'll work on that and come back with a link when I'm done.
thetoad

Post by thetoad »

you're wrong to think that github will simply remove code that gets around protections. I have a dvd ripper (decodes an ISO of a DVD in place) up on github for years without a problem.
mmmkv

Post by mmmkv »

thetoad wrote:you're wrong to think that github will simply remove code that gets around protections. I have a dvd ripper (decodes an ISO of a DVD in place) up on github for years without a problem.
I've often seen Gitlab/Bitbucket used for alternatives, however there are also hosts like NotABug and 0xacab where I've seen mirrors of source code that has been taken down elsewhere.