MKV doesnt work with Peter Rabbit

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
bloodta

MKV doesnt work with Peter Rabbit

Post by bloodta »

When I insert Peter Rabbit, MKV doesn't do anything at all, just says no disc. I tried a couple of other discs and the work fine.
Woodstock

Re: MKV doesnt work with Peter Rabbit

Post by Woodstock »

Others have ripped the BD version of Peter Rabbit successfully (there's even a thread about which title is the "correct" one). The issue is why is your operating system not seeing the disk?

Do you see MakeMKV trying to load the disk (icon spinning), then "No disk"? Are there errors reported by MakeMKV as it tries to access the disk?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
bloodta

Post by bloodta »

Woodstock wrote:Others have ripped the BD version of Peter Rabbit successfully (there's even a thread about which title is the "correct" one). The issue is why is your operating system not seeing the disk?

Do you see MakeMKV trying to load the disk (icon spinning), then "No disk"? Are there errors reported by MakeMKV as it tries to access the disk?
Yes, it shows the disc trying to load, then says no disc inserted. No errors reported.
kdheslop@gmail.com

Post by kdheslop@gmail.com »

I have had this happen with various disks on rare occasion, both DVD and Blu-Ray disks, but mostly DVD.

I found that most times if I put it in another machine the disk will be recognized. The peculiar aspect for me is that it is not the same computer that will have problems...one time it will be my laptop (mac) and other times it will be on our desktop windows pc.

Less common, but on occasion, switching the drive (desktop has two different internal and I have an external Blu-Ray) it will be able to read and other times I actually have to use a different computer.

I have had some instances where it works on my external bluray player when connected to a windows machine, but not the mac... or the opposite.

it does appear to me, only from my experience, that it does not have anything to do with MKV, since when it says no disk, the file manager does not show anything either.

This is a frustration, and if you have no other machines/drives it may prevent you from moving forward with the disk. Reminds of two of the biggest reasons I like to use this program, (1) disks getting damaged by famiy leaving them out and (2) It seems like every blu-ray or dvd I attempt to play will hang or glitch...it gets to the point where my family gives at times...this is with 4 different brands of players over the years and started when they were brand new with the latest firmware.