Ready Player One BluRay Netflix Rental

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
TMBDplus

Ready Player One BluRay Netflix Rental

Post by TMBDplus »

Got the latest version of MakeMKV and getting this on my Samsung BluRay Drive

rror 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT ESTABLISHED' occurred while issuing SCSI command AD010..080002400 to device 'IoKit:IOBDServices:39726b33daaf2687:TSSTcorp BDDVDW SE-506BB TS00'
DEBUG: Code 0 at a^ur2{zAg"`"^kB:^-:29396345
DEBUG: Code 4 at a^ur2{zAg"`"^kB:^-:121262647
Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive
Saved AACS dump file as /Users/T/Library/MakeMKV/MKB_v65_Ready_Player_One_9FD2.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
cpage7

Re: Ready Player One BluRay Netflix Rental

Post by cpage7 »

Same issue here.
annisman

Post by annisman »

Is ripping from rental disks a common thing ?
rivey

Post by rivey »

annisman wrote:Is ripping from rental disks a common thing ?
It would seem that is is somewhat common.
I consider doing so to be piracy and theft of intellectual property. I have posted about this before but some just don't seem to care. If we want to watch the movie or tv show for more than the rental time, we should buy the disc. This might also encourage the studios to make it easier for us to backup our purchased discs. I buy every disc that I rip and I don't buy it until I have the money to do so. I am still working at 69 because I can't afford to retire (I also do like to work) so I am not buying discs all the time. I have a list of the ones I want and as I can, the list grows shorter. The advantage to that is that I usually don't have to wait for Mike to include the new discs in the hash file for the UHD's.

I am also a big proponent for buying the license for MakeMKV as a way of saying thanks to Mike for all his hard work.

Just my opinion but that is who I am.
Bob Ivey
annisman

Post by annisman »

I agree with you Bob, I purchased an MKV license years ago. I've literally ripped hundreds of disks using this software, at some point you realize the price you pay is minuscule to what you've been given.
TMBDplus

Post by TMBDplus »

Update 1.12.13 fixed the problem with this movie disc.

To address the other topic raised, I feel like $18 each x four family members to see this in IMAX and then $19/mo. for Netflix and .50 cents at my local library to rent it, should cover my debt to the director and movie studio.

MakeMKV is an essential tool and I hope Mike is able to more than cover his own costs.
rivey

Post by rivey »

TMBDplus wrote:Update 1.12.13 fixed the problem with this movie disc.

To address the other topic raised, I feel like $18 each x four family members to see this in IMAX and then $19/mo. for Netflix and .50 cents at my local library to rent it, should cover my debt to the director and movie studio.

MakeMKV is an essential tool and I hope Mike is able to more than cover his own costs.
But how many times have you ripped a rental movie that you have not taken the family to the theater to see. Of course, I still feel that it is wrong to not buy the movie if you are going to rip it. No judgement but just my opinion!!
Bop Ivey