1.12.3 Hash Check errors (bug)

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
tribunal88

1.12.3 Hash Check errors (bug)

Post by tribunal88 »

Just downloaded and installed 1.12.3. Here is what I'm seeing.

Code: Select all

Hash check failed for file 00800.m2ts at offset xxxxxxx, file is corrupt.
Too many hash check errors in file 00800.m2ts.
This came up while ripping the Infinity War disks (region-free international version). I ripped the 2D and 3D versions of the film and both threw this error throughout the initialization process for various m2ts files, and then just at the beginning of the rip. Both ripped successfully and seemed to play fine, though I'd have to do a full viewing to know for sure.

I then tested my Black Panther disks, which I knew ripped properly a few months back. The same strange errors presented during initialization and at the beginning of the rip. I decided to try reverting to 1.12.2, and the errors went away on all disks.

Again, the files appeared to play fine, so perhaps these are false positives. Let me know if there are any log files I can send for analysis to squash this bug.
rivey

Re: 1.12.3 Hash Check errors (bug)

Post by rivey »

If you are having problems where you can't rip, just reload the 1.12.2 version. Everyone who has had problems with new version and have gone back to previous version have had no more issues. On the other hand, many of use are using the new version with no problems at all. I just ripped the 4K Age of Ultron and Infinity War with no issues at all. Go figure.
tribunal88

Post by tribunal88 »

Reversion to 1.12.2 did cause the errors to go away as you said. However I'd still like to see this to get ironed out. I'm still a year or 2 out from 4k and will be using this to catalog my 1080p disks during that time.
rivey

Post by rivey »

I have no doubt that Mike is working on a solution. He has always been here for us.
tribunal88

Post by tribunal88 »

There hasn't been an update to the version since I posted this a few months back.

Mike - Any word on if this is getting addressed in an upcoming version?