FireFly 15th Anniversary Collector's Edition

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
t3t4-

FireFly 15th Anniversary Collector's Edition

Post by t3t4- »

Greetings all.

I'm new here with a few spare hours rather then days at my disposal, so I'm just going to ask here and now; I bought my new firefly collectors edition blu-ray set and it plays fine via disk on my PC using PowerDVD 16, however it will not play once a full backup is created via the same PC and program. There were no popup errors and so I copied disc 1-3 only to find they don't seem to work via PowerDVD 16. PDVD plays a video that says I need to update my player from blu-ray.com yada yada. For fun I just purchased PowerDVD 18 from ebay cause the price was too ridiculous to pass up for lifetime upgrades lol... Still waiting on my download link.

Any ideas? Did I miss the boat on an update? My problem or our problem?

Thanks in advance.
t3t4
Woodstock

Re: FireFly 15th Anniversary Collector's Edition

Post by Woodstock »

Backups vs open-and-make-mkv-files act differently in some players.

When you use backup and play with a licensed BD player like PowerDVD, it invokes ALL copy protection schemes to prevent playback.

MKV files do not have the DRM stuff remaining in them, so they can be played in more players. And non-licensed players do not trip over copy protection stuff like the licensed players.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
t3t4-

Re: FireFly 15th Anniversary Collector's Edition

Post by t3t4- »

All I care about are 1 to 1 backups, this MakeMKV program is great, dare I say awesome, but it misses the mark is several ways for me. Blu-ray is seldom an issue, actually this is my first issue using Make MKV ever. I don't like the way it handles DVD's, but otherwise I've been damn near thrilled with this program since day one! So what are my alternatives in both players and copyright cracking software? Please don't tell me VLC and Anydvd.!?

Thanks,
t3t4