Kill Bill Vol. 1 & Vol. 2 length problem

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Vogel

Kill Bill Vol. 1 & Vol. 2 length problem

Post by Vogel »

Hello,
just ripped Kill Bill 1 and 2 from the Tarantino XX bluray collection. both work completly fine but when opening the file and skipping to the end there is about 5 minutes of extra file length after the real end. when 1:51:01 in Vol. 1 is reached for example the timer stops but when manually skipping forward there is scratching sound and other sound distortion. i tried splitting the file at 1:51:01 to chopp off the extra but it didn't work, just gave me the same length size. i chopped it up at about 1:47:00 and that worked but now im missing the last 4 seconds. no problem but annoying. what causes this error? no other movie had it so far for me. my guess is that it has to do with the added chapter 00 the file gets because the chapter 01 only starts a little afterwards.. i tried editing the last chapter (which also says its too long) but saving that won't actually shorten it. i think it automatically goes until it reaches the end of the file..

Thanks for any idea!!
Vogel

Re: Kill Bill Vol. 1 & Vol. 2 length problem

Post by Vogel »

I "solved" the problem by ripping the movies again with AnyDVD HD (21 day trial yay). That version was also too long but when i split the file at the right size with mkv tollnix gui it came out correct. weird issue..