Pirates of the Caribbean

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
shalom2u123

Pirates of the Caribbean

Post by shalom2u123 »

I've been noticing an unusual phenomenon with this Trilogy of movies, all of them have horizontal colored bars that start showing up after a few minutes. This is the only set of Blurays I have seen this on. I'm not sure why this is happening.
setarip_old

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

Are you referring to original, commercial BluRays, backups that you made, or something else?

I've seen no such behavior on the U.S. versions - originals or backups...

shalom2u123

Post by shalom2u123 »

These are mkv (from Makemkv) backups of commercial bluray trilogy set. It looks like the same thing is occurring with AnydvdHD m2ts copies as well...I've never had this issue with other blurays.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

When you play your original, commercial Blu-ray discs on the same system (as you played the .MKVs), do they exhibit the same behavior?

shalom2u123

Post by shalom2u123 »

I can't play the Bluray disc itself on my computer (Mac mini) due to software limitations. When the disc is decrypted and saved to my HD, Plex plays the m2ts file with the same discoloration/bars I mentioned. The original Bluray discs play without artifact on the Bluray player connected to my TV. I just downloaded and played the mkv file on VLC player and it looked fine...must be a problem with Plex, not the MakeMKV file...
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

must be a problem with Plex, not the MakeMKV file...
Based on a process of elimination, that appears to be the case...