Casablanca - Source File Name - 101 or 100?

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
mike_mgoblue

Casablanca - Source File Name - 101 or 100?

Post by mike_mgoblue »

I recently decided to back up Casablanca on Blu-ray. There are two versions that are the exact same length available to rip from the Blu-ray. One says:

Source file name: 00100.mpls

The other says

Source file name: 00101.mpls

Is there a difference? I know other people have pointed out that some movies show different versions that have an "800" and "801" and "802" for some movies from Disney, and it is apparently best to selected "800" for those movies. But what about when the choice is "100" or "101"?
Grauhaar

Re: Casablanca - Source File Name - 101 or 100?

Post by Grauhaar »

Easy so solve, compare the two Segment Maps shown in the right windows on the bottom. If the maps are identical, the video content is the same. Now expand the title and compare the included audio and subtitles and you can find the difference between the two playlists.
Good Luck :)

Re: Casablanca - Source File Name - 101 or 100?

Post by mike_mgoblue »

Grauhaar,

When I compared the two Segment Maps shown in the right windows on the bottom, they were identical. ... In comparison, there was once a movie called "Winchester" that had dozens of different versions of the movie - each with different Segment maps. And I know it played them in different order. I accidentally backed up the wrong version of Winchester one time. ... It seems like the video in Casablanca is the same in both versions.

As far as the included audio and subtitles go, the version titled 100 has English and Japanese and several other languages. The version titled 101 does not include Japanese. I don't select those other languages anyways. So, I guess they are the same.