BD or UHD no longer work

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
notebene

Re: BD or UHD no longer work

Post by notebene »

Mine seems to be working now. I saw the DEBUG line for the first time as it was decrypting, but it made it through that and I was able to make my selections and start makin'.

If for whatever reason I spoke too soon and something odd happens, I'll post again. Thanks for all the hard work! :D
no1sharky

Post by no1sharky »

I have BD drive LG BD-RE WH16NS40 and I was receiving the same DEBUG : Code 03DF error for the last 24 hours and the task would error out and close Makemkv. However, I just tried it again and I received the same DEBUG : Code 03DF but instead of receiving multiple error codes after a couple of minutes it loads the disc titles just fine.

Thanks Mike for your quick attention to this problem! :D
RonRN18

Post by RonRN18 »

I've had this issue, but all of a sudden, with no change of anything, it started working again... for physical discs. I had two discs that I had borrowed that wouldn't unlock, so I made a backup. After ripping two physical discs, I tried to open the backups, and again, I get an error:

Code: Select all

The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc
ChrisI

Post by ChrisI »

rabbixt wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:59 pm
I'm experiencing what I believe is this issue as well, although my drive (ASUS BW-16D1HT v3.01) isn't a USB drive, but SATA. I get as far as it "Decrypting" and then I get the "DEBUG: Code 03DF" in the log area, and then it just hangs.
Same problem, same drive. Followed the dump instructions and uploaded requested files.
smartieyoung

Post by smartieyoung »

I just wanted to add i had some of the same problems,what i did that seemed to let me make a backup of the first man movie was as follows: I uninstalled my current version of makemkv I then went and downloaded latesr version from makemkv.com and then I reinstalled,this seemed to help get the program running again.i guess after that i did a direct disk access and it then worked as it usually does it didnt act slow i got a good copy in under30 min. :? :wink: .I will try later to see if my drive is really working fine again.i imagine that windows updates might have been an issue.carry on
dafolsom

Post by dafolsom »

I continue to have issues. Sometimes I get the DEBUG code (which I got every time yesterday), and now I am sometimes getting a "Fatal error occurred, program will now exit" dialog. I click "OK" and it does, in fact, exit. I tried uninstalling and re-installing, but it made no difference. I'm using the LG WH16NS40 Ver. 1.02 drive with a Vantec CB-ST00U3 NexStar USB 3.0 to SATA 6Gbps Optical/Storage Adapter (into a USB 3.1). I'm glad this seems to be working again for most, but it is not for me. Any direction would be appreciated.
[rab]

Post by [rab] »

I am still experiencing the same issue. I am using an external USB 3.0 Topelek Blu-Ray Reader/Writer. I haven't been able to open any Blu-Ray discs since Friday night, but DVDs seem to work just fine. I started to open a disc last night and it took 9.5 hours until it failed. It would just hang and give device timeout errors all night long. Eventually it did fail and produce an AACS dump log of the issue.

I have sent the required email to support@makemkv.com.

I have exited and restarted MakeMKV. I have uninstalled and re-installed 1.14.2. I have powercycled the laptop I am using for this process. I even tried it on a different laptop and still have the same issue. Let me know if there are any other troubleshooting steps I can take to get this working again.
GazzaC

Post by GazzaC »

Still not working for me either*. Asus 16D1HT so SATA and not USB. Everything looks fine until the dreaded DEBUG 03DF then programs stalls and seemingly does nothing. Worked absolutely fine on every disc I threw at it until yesterday. Strangely when I hit the DEBUG problem it creates other issues, cannot install software, task manager shows MakeMKV command service running despite closing the program and task manager will not kill it. Have to restart to return my system to normal running. Regrettably I'm having to resort to using competing software to back up to ISO whichever UHD disc I want to back up which this other software does, then mount that image and then point MakeMKV at it to create the MKV file itself, that works but not if MakeMKV actually has to look at the UHD disc in the physical drive.
* I stuck a disc in the drive yesterday when the DEBUG error first occurred then had to go out for a few hours - upon return it had backed up so maybe it eventually gets past the DEBUG error but clearly taking way longer than it should take and I'm not convinced it would do it now (sat at DEBUG for 20 mins so far with disc in and nothing happening)
DigDayDude

Post by DigDayDude »

The problem persists here.

MakeMKV v1.14.2 win(x64-release) started
Debug logging enabled, log will be saved as C:\Users\XXXXXX/MakeMKV_log.txt
Using direct disc access mode
DEBUG: Code 03DF

Program hangs while Parsing file: /AACS/Content000.cer without any error. Remaining time ever increases. All BD tested are affected (even discs that worked before.) DVD discs receive 03DF code as well but will open and rip. With BD, cancelling operation does not function and internal SATA LG WH16NS40 v1.02 drive LED continues to flash. Program will not close and Win10 Task Manager "End Task" does not work (and causes Task Manager and File Explorer to stop working.) Must eject disk and must hard reset the PC as "Shut Down" and "Restart" do not work. Support files just sent.

Here's to hoping for a speedy solution, as MakeMKV has always worked flawlessly for me until now.
Spyderturbo007

Post by Spyderturbo007 »

I'm having the same issue, however, if I let the software run long enough, it eventually reads the disk.

Mine is an LG HL-DT-ST WH16NS40 (SATA) if that helps at all.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Please try now, do make sure to restart MakeMKV if it is running...
king_pin

Post by king_pin »

LOL Weird. My WH16 and my external Asus are running fine ripping to my NAS.
My WH14 has spent the last 10 minutes trying to decrypt the disk.
DEBUG: Code 03DF/02

After the 2 are done ripping I will shut down the WH14 and uninstall and reinstall new update.

dafolsom

Post by dafolsom »

No change. Slightly different debug code. DEBUG: Code 03DF/02.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

No, there is a change. Yesterday it was crashing, now it hangs...

Please provide information about your drive, if you haven't done so - drive model, internal or external, if external - what kind of enclosure.

Also please post the full debug log when it hung - any other debug messages at all?
dafolsom

Post by dafolsom »

I didn't mean to imply you didn't change anything. I was only saying that the behavior I am experiencing has not changed. I get these messages:
MakeMKV v1.14.2 win(x64-release) started
DEBUG: Code 03DF/02
Error 'OS error - {Device Timeout} The specified I/O operation on hs was not completed before the time-out period expired' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00042.m2ts' at offset '20746758144'
Error 'Internal error - Operation was cancelled (123)' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00042.m2ts' at offset '12439781376'
Error 'Internal error - Operation was cancelled (123)' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00042.m2ts' at offset '25940066304'
Error 'Internal error - Operation was cancelled (123)' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00042.m2ts' at offset '1631643648'
Error 'Internal error - Operation was cancelled (123)' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00042.m2ts' at offset '16248311808'
Error 'Internal error - Operation was cancelled (123)' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00042.m2ts' at offset '23152472064'
Error 'Internal error - Operation was cancelled (123)' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00042.m2ts' at offset '25033697280'
Error 'Internal error - Operation was cancelled (123)' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00042.m2ts' at offset '18407374848'
Error 'Internal error - Operation was cancelled (123)' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00042.m2ts' at offset '26552162304'
Error 'Internal error - Operation was cancelled (123)' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00042.m2ts' at offset '2858207232'
Error 'Internal error - Operation was cancelled (123)' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00042.m2ts' at offset '0'
Error 'Internal error - Operation was cancelled (123)' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00042.m2ts' at offset '6144'
Error 'Internal error - Operation was cancelled (123)' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00042.m2ts' at offset '12288'
Error 'Internal error - Operation was cancelled (123)' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00042.m2ts' at offset '18432'
Error 'Internal error - Operation was cancelled (123)' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00042.m2ts' at offset '24576'
Error 'Internal error - Operation was cancelled (123)' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00042.m2ts' at offset '30720'
Error 'Internal error - Operation was cancelled (123)' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00042.m2ts' at offset '36864'
Error 'Internal error - Operation was cancelled (123)' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00042.m2ts' at offset '43008'
Error 'Internal error - Operation was cancelled (123)' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00042.m2ts' at offset '49152'
Error 'Internal error - Operation was cancelled (123)' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00042.m2ts' at offset '55296'
Failed to open disc
The drive keeps spinning even after I click stop and close the program.
What's the file name of the debug file? I thought I sent it previously, but am not sure I sent the correct file.

Drive Information

LG
OS device name: F:
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE WH16NS40
Revision: 1.02
Serial number: SIK97H2HI451
Firmware date: 2115-12-11 14:59
Bus encryption flags: 17
Highest AACS version: 61

I'm using it externally, connected to USB 3.1 Using Vantec CB-ST00U3 NexStar USB 3.0 to SATA 6Gbps.