HD-DVD Rio Bravo rip results

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
OrvilleP

HD-DVD Rio Bravo rip results

Post by OrvilleP »

The rip of HD-DVD Rio Bravo produces a Users\Lindsey\MakeMKV_log.txt file on 3800Client, a Vista (64-bit) computer. The log file is the first attachment.

I am now on v 1.6.0. The rip produced 12 output title files none of which was the feature title. I played each title file on MediaClient (Win 7 64-bit) using VLC 1.1.4. Those title files that I thought would include audio tracks did produce sound. The others were silent. A snip of the directory \\MediaServer\MyMovies\HD-DVD MKVs\Rio Bravo\ is the second attachment.
Attachments
rip file collection
rip file collection
100922-Snip of directory of ripped files from HD-DVD RIO Bravo.JPG (172.51 KiB) Viewed 7404 times
MakeMKV_log.txt
log file
(2.19 KiB) Downloaded 410 times
mike admin

Re: HD-DVD Rio Bravo rip results

Post by mike admin »

002003:0000 Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:NO SEEK COMPLETE' occurred while reading '/HVDVD_TS/Feature_1.EVO' at offset '10620160000'
Bad disc or drive
OrvilleP

Re: HD-DVD Rio Bravo rip results

Post by OrvilleP »

mike admin,

Because of a reply by setarip_old to another of my posts here, I connected my old XBox 360 HD DVD Player to 3800Client (Vista x64). Since it was already there, I tried to rip the rest of my HD-DVDs that had not been successfully ripped before. One of those was Rio Bravo. Unfortunately for me, Rio Bravo did not rip correctly the second time around, or even the third time around. Maybe the disc is faulty, but it was brand new and only played a handful of times a few years back. Now I can't play the disc directly because when I upgraded 3800Client from Vista x86 to Vista x64 the goddamned CyberLink wanted $100 more to reinstall PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra, which played Rio Bravo flawlessly. Anyway, the disc may be bad now. I don't have a way to ascertain.

The first attachment is Rio Bravo's rip log file. The second is a snip of the rip directory.

Thanks for the feedback.

Sterling Lindsey
Attachments
rip file collection
rip file collection
100925-Snip of HD-DVD Rio Bravo MakeMKV 1.6.0 rip file collection using XBox 360 ODD.JPG (114.78 KiB) Viewed 7376 times
MakeMKV_log.txt
log file
(4.29 KiB) Downloaded 413 times