Audio Problems with Bee Gees One Night Only Blu-ray

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
mike_mgoblue

Audio Problems with Bee Gees One Night Only Blu-ray

Post by mike_mgoblue »

I own a Blu-ray called the Bee Gees One Night Only. It is a very nice Blu-ray that has the concert of some great songs by the Bee Gees. When I watch the Blu-ray in a Blu-ray player, it says the following formats are available in the "Audio" menu:

* LPCM 48hz 7.1

* DTS-MA 96hz 5.1

However, when MakeMKV rips this Blu-ray the audio formats are not the same. There are actually three audio formats, not two. And they are different. After MakeMKV rips this Blu-ray, the audio files are:

* PCM 96hz 2.0

* DTS-MA 96hz 5.1

* DTS-MA 48hz 5.1

Why does the MakeMKV program not rip the LPCM format in 7.1 at 48hz? ...

And where in the world does MakeMKV get the PCM at 96hz that is 2.0? That wasn't available at all on the audio menu of the Blu-ray. While listening on my laptop, this PCM 96hz 2.0 sound format had some "static" that could be heard in the background. This "static" could not be heard when listening to the DTS-MA 96hz 5.1 sound format.

I previously heard MakeMKV was not capable of ripping 96hz sound, but that is apparently not correct.
mike admin

Re: Audio Problems with Bee Gees One Night Only Blu-ray

Post by mike admin »

Please make a testdump for the title with problematic track, per instructions at http://www.makemkv.com/onlinehelp/testdump.html
morbius

Re: Audio Problems with Bee Gees One Night Only Blu-ray

Post by morbius »

I only have two titles with 96khz audio and they both rip fine, so I'd assumed that 96k is not an issue, but curious to hear how you get on with the Bee Gees title.

My Fair Lady special edition bluray: 7.1 TrueHD
Queen at the Bowl DVD: 5.1 DTS