Ghost Writer

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
walkerwayne

Ghost Writer

Post by walkerwayne »

When using MakeMKV, I received the following error:
MakeMKV v1.6.0 win(x64-release) started
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:INVALID COMMAND OPERATION CODE' occurred while issuing SCSI command 46020..00140 to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom2'
Using direct disc access mode
Failed to open disc
setarip_old

Re: Ghost Writer

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!
device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom2'

Too obvious a question perhaps, but is your "CDRom2" capable of reading actual commercial Blu-ray discs?

walkerwayne

Post by walkerwayne »

More to the story... I have been sucessfully using MakeMKV versions prior to 1.6. On my current system I have successfully copied (for backup purposes) at least 75 Blu-ray discs with no issues. I installed version 1.6, and that's where the problems started... I am dropping back to a previous version to see if it works...
walkerwayne

Post by walkerwayne »

Reverting back to an older version seems to be working - I've ripped Ghost Writer and The Backup Plan. My computer doesn't seem to like version 1.6.
BTW, I'm using Windows Server 2008 R2 as my OS - never had any problems before installing the latest version...
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

If not already under scrutiny, I 'm sure "mike admin" will be addressing this and similar problems reported regarding v.1.6.0 which (as is noted in the "News and Announcements" posting) is "brand new from top to bottom" - and not just a typical update/revision of existing code.

Such a significant overhaul is bound to result in many required "tweaks" - But that's what BETA testing is all about ;>}

mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Please try to see if it's a 64-bit specific problem. Start cmd, navigate to folder where makemkv is installed and type

Code: Select all

set APROXY_FORCE_32BIT=1
makemkv
walkerwayne

Post by walkerwayne »

Ran - C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV>set APROXY_FORCE_32BIT=1

error continues with v1.6.0
MakeMKV v1.6.0 win(x64-release) started
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:INVALID COMMAND OPERATION CODE' occurred while issuing SCSI command 46020..00140 to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom2'
Using direct disc access mode
Evaluation version, 30 day(s) out of 30 remaining
Downloading latest SVQ(s) to C:\Users\Administrator/.MakeMKV ...
Loaded 13 SVQ file(s)
Processing BD+ code, please be patient - this may take up to few minutes
Processing BD+ code using generic SVQ from builtin/00001.svq
Failed to process BD+ code using generic SVQ from builtin/00001.svq
Processing BD+ code using generic SVQ from builtin/00000.svq
Failed to process BD+ code using generic SVQ from builtin/00000.svq
BD+ dump directory is not set in preferences, BD+ dump not saved
Failed to process BD+ code, please check http://www.makemkv.com/svq/ for updated program and SVQ files
Failed to open disc

FYI - I actually purchased a license few months ago...
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

walkerwayne wrote: Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:INVALID COMMAND OPERATION CODE' occurred while issuing SCSI command 46020..00140 to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom2'
This error is harmless, but your drive doesn't conform to MMC specification. I would advise updating drive firmware.
walkerwayne wrote: BD+ dump directory is not set in preferences, BD+ dump not saved
Failed to process BD+ code, please check http://www.makemkv.com/svq/ for updated program and SVQ files
Please enable "BD+" directory in preferences and send the dump to svq@makemkv.com .