Anyone Able to Rip Ghostbusters II? (from the 35th anniversary steel book set)

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
JohnnyPhantom

Anyone Able to Rip Ghostbusters II? (from the 35th anniversary steel book set)

Post by JohnnyPhantom »

I got the new 35th anniversary set of Ghostbusters 1 + 2 with the blu ray and 4K versions. It has 5 discs (Three bluray/1080 and Two 4K discs) of all the discs, I just cant seem to rip the Ghostbusters II movie files from the Ghostbusters II Bluray/1080 disc. I scanned it and see 21 titles, 3 of which are the movie it self, the other 18 are extra things. the 3 movie files I cannot rip. I've tried turning off all subtitles, all audio, copying the blu ray files to my drive and ripping with MKV, and tried 5 different bluray drives (4 internal 1 USB) and 3 different computers (2 Windows, 1 Mac) and no luck. the discs are brand new, and I can't exchange the discs just yet, as Best Buy (where I got this set) is sold out within 250miles of me. Curious before I go hunting for a replacement set of discs, has anyone been able to rip this?

ripping off the drive backup I get this error "The source file '/BDMV/STREAM/00001.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset 590469120, attempting to work around"

ripping off the disc i get this "Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:ID CRC OR ECC ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00001.m2ts' at offset '590671872'"

Thanks!
~John
paddypadawan

Re: Anyone Able to Rip Ghostbusters II? (from the 35th anniversary steel book set)

Post by paddypadawan »

Hey,

I'm also having this exact same issue with the 35th Anniversary pack - was bought for me as a present so I can't return it as they do not have the receipt.

Has anyone else having this issue, is there a fix?

-Paddy
JohnnyPhantom

Re: Anyone Able to Rip Ghostbusters II? (from the 35th anniversary steel book set)

Post by JohnnyPhantom »

I returned mine and got another new set, same issue
JohnnyPhantom

Post by JohnnyPhantom »

Got the latest version of MakeMKV 1.14.5, same error either while trying to rip the bluray directly or a backup off the hard drive

The source file '/BDMV/STREAM/00001.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset 590469120, attempting to work around
The source file '/BDMV/STREAM/00001.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset 590469120, attempting to work around

bummer
oddeyeball

Post by oddeyeball »

Mine ripped fine, think you might have had bad luck with a bad batch. I ran into this before with Community complete series TV show on Blu-ray and it was the 3rd copy that finally work for me.
JohnnyPhantom

Post by JohnnyPhantom »

just to confirm, you're talking about this release...

and the 4K disc of part 2?

I hope its not a case of bad batches, the set's getting harder and harder to find

Thanks!
~John
oddeyeball

Post by oddeyeball »

JohnnyPhantom wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:09 pm
just to confirm, you're talking about this release...

and the 4K disc of part 2?

I hope its not a case of bad batches, the set's getting harder and harder to find

Thanks!
~John
Oh, this ones is different from the one I have. I was thinking it was the Bestbuy pop art ones. I didn't even know they made this one.
UncannyGirl

Post by UncannyGirl »

I also have the Steelbook 1+2 and I also am having IO issues with UHD for the Second Movie.

/BDMV/STREAM/00001.m2ts
failes to copy from the disc to my harddrive and MakeMKV produces the same IO issue about 10 minutes into the rip without fail (while the specific offset ranges the numbers are similar.)

The UHD for the First Movie ripped without any such issue.

I have now attempted 10 times. With hard shut downs. Microfiber cloth to the disc. And I even just disconnected some of my case fans to give the internal drive a non-shared power source to my power supply and moved the SATA to a different port on my motherboard.